30 gal stocking question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RockyT~

Aquarium Advice Regular
ok so i got a 30 gallon long glass for 10$ don't hate me lol.

i got it cycling with some danios right now. but i want some "cool" fish lol. so i am wondering what some of you other 30 gal owners have in yours. its in my office. and i want something to look at ;) i am not about quantity either. i am just as happy with 2 fish as 10 :)

just wondering if anyone thought that some fish do better in a 30 gal long than others.

and i just joined but i am not a newbie to this. i study fish a LOT before i buy them my husband gets so annoyed at the LFS because i say NOPE cant get those they are not compatible LOL. Nope cant get those too hard to take care of, NOPE cant get those they are MEAN. ha ha ha he hates to take me.

i have a 20 gallon and I LOVE the livebearers! there are plenty of colors and kinds to choose from! Also angels would be nice or a school of barbs!! There are too many to choose from!!!

I have a 25g with a gold gourami as my centerpiece. I think a pair of gourami's in a 30g would look really nice

I have a 26 gal and my centerpiece is a silver ghost angelfish. She is such a character and is very low maintenance.
Don't forget to add some critters to hang out at the bottom - catfish or loaches or plecos - they are FULL of personality. I have a clown loach (who is going to outgrow my tank I already know) and a simple silver/gray Cory Cat and they are the comedians of the tank. :)

well my daughter is getting my 30 gallon for her birthday. i got a 50 gallon to go on the oak stand we got. i want tiger barbs. but i am in agreement with some of the others that 50 may be too big for the 9 or 10 fish i want. so i may go back to my 30, let hubby have the 50 for cichlids and just get the daughter another 20 or 30 for her.

anyway back to the point i am going to do tiger barbs, green barbs. But thank you all for the opinions. for some reason i just really like tiger barbs!!

Back
Top Bottom