30 gallon giveaway tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dax29

Aquarium Advice FINatic
The people that are giving me an angelfish have decided to give me the whole tank, fish, and all :p . They say it is a 30 gallon tank. I already have a 29 gallon tank and I'm wondering what I can do with this 30 gallon, besides stock it with fish.

I think I'm going to put all my loaches in the 30 gallon by themselves. Again, my loaches are all under 2" and they consist of 4 clown loaches, 3 yo yo loaches, 2 zebra loaches, and 2 angelicus loaches. Maybe I should split them up between the 2 tanks but I like how all my loaches live and hang out together. :?

Getting the 30 gallon could impede my ability to get the bigger tank one day, and that kinda sucks because I wanted to move my bigger fish to it, especially my clown loaches :( . But offering an aquarium freak a free 30 gallon tank is like offering free drinks to an alcoholic. :yum: My wife thinks that multiple tanks is not a good idea and is certainly not normal behavior for an adult. :puppydogeyes:

Any ideas on the loaches will be appreciated.

Well if you have the room, you could always use the 30g for you quarantine tank after you upgrade to a bigger one.

Yeah. I just like having lots of different kinds of fish and more, bigger tanks helps feed the need. I already have a 10 gallon QT, but I guess another QT later on wouldn't hurt.

Tell your wife I keep 7 tanks, and my boyfriend loves the ones we have here! :lol:2 or 3 tanks is much more normal behavior than that.

Why not set up the 30 gallon with some of the fish you want to keep for your forthcoming larger tank, then keep the 30 gallon as a QT for the other fish you buy to stock the big tank when you get it. :mrgreen:

Suggest you start experimenting with new tank for nice loach environment during grow out, like http://www.loaches.com/river_tank.html -- specialized tanks, to me, are much more fun than regular community tanks, and great hands on learning.

thanks to all

Thanks for the suggestions and support. :) I'm sure I'll be posting stuff on the 30 gallon soon. I'm thinking of doing the loach environment tank with a 75 gallon.

Czcz's idea is excellent! I'd do that. You would have ton's of fun finding fish specifically for that set up to complement your loaches!

I just bought a book a while ago that specializes in aquatic biotype tanks too. It would give me something to focus on too! :roll:

Back
Top Bottom