30 gallon stock ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Carlos_421

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi All,
Newbie here. I've been keeping fish for about 15 years but all my experience is with tropical community tanks. Now I'd like to try my hand with a mostly South American setup.

I have a 30 gallon tank that I recently reaquired. I had left it at my parents' home when I moved out over a year ago and my brother-in-law has been taking care of it in exchange for being able to house some of his own fish in it with mine. Now that he and my sister have moved back out of my parents' house the tank is back to me.
I've moved it to my house, cleaned it up well (judging by the heavy layer of gunk on the filter and the 12 gallons of black water produced during the gravel vacuuming it had been a while) and rearranged the decor.

Right now, the fish I have left from my original stock are two upside down catfish and two black khuli loaches. Also, all my plants are live (I think java fern).
Does the following sound like a sound stocking plan?

1 Angelfish
1German Blue Ram
1 Bolivian Ram
1 Dwarf Gourami
1 Blue Dwarf Gourami
A small school of dither

I realize the gouramis would detract from the SA authenticity but I really like their size and color. I'd also consider adding some colorful apistos if I could ever find any in my area.

Any thoughts or ideas? If this sounds like a good stocking list, what would you suggest in regards to adding one fish before the other in order to prevent any territorial aggression?

Thanks a lot in advance!!!

No thats to much and you can't have different rams together thell fight but you could get 1 bolivian, 1 dwarf gourami, and the dithers with your stock and 2 more coolies but make sure u have sand.

Coolie loaches don't need sand I have mine in gravel and they work fine. Second I agree that different rams will fish

Thanks!

Also, I agree the coolies don't need sand. I've had them for years with gravel and they've been fine. They even bred once without my even knowing it until I found a couple little half sized coolies that had survived past frydom.

Back
Top Bottom