30 gallon stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No, convicts could easily annhialate tiger barbs so it's bet not to risk it. If you get an opposite gender of a different species most likely it will be attacked. Those stocking lists would do better in a 40 or 50 gallon tank. A pair of angels in a thirty gallon is kinda pushing it.

No, convicts could easily annhialate tiger barbs so it's bet not to risk it. If you get an opposite gender of a different species most likely it will be attacked. Those stocking lists would do better in a 40 or 50 gallon tank. A pair of angels in a thirty gallon is kinda pushing it.
Oh ok, thanks! :)
I was looking at a 40 gallon on craigslist for $250 including many things...

No, one pair with nothing else and even that's the bare minimum for a pair. Most Kanna's don't have as much color as HRP's so keep that in mind.
Oh ok thanks guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
It better include around $175.00 in cash for that price.
Well it comes with the gravel (Which is blue :nono:), heater, filter (I think an ehiem and scenery. Fish if I want (Which is 4 Zebras and 6 Black tetras)

Hello,

Sorry to ask another question, but would it be alright to put in a single HRP in with something else

Hello,

Sorry to ask another question, but would it be alright to put in a single HRP in with something else

That would depend on what that something else is. The real issue with aggressive cichlids is territory which that tank lacks, most fish from those regions have a 18-24" at minimum area they will claim and potenially killing others wandering into their region.

Oh ok, so it is possible to try, but not guarenteeing it would work.
Oh, by the way, I love your avatar and status

I personally would not recommend them with anything except a mate until a larger tank is purchased, there's just to much of a chance of injury or death to other fish.

Ok, thanks again.

Well, today was the big day!
I have gotten rid of all my fish in the 30 gallon.

Now my 30 gallon is left:
6 Amano shrimp
6 Red cherry shrimp (2 added today, 2 prego)
4 Crystal red shrimp (1 added today)
10 ghost shrimp (1 prego)
1 Bamboo shrimp (added today)

Next week, im going to my local fish store again and getting some more fish

Just an updated everyone, I have a new baby shrimp! It's a CRS (I am assuming it's a cross between my RCS and CRS because there were no prego CRS in the tank, only RCS) and it's soo cute!

Hopefully it survives!
By the way, how long does it take for RCS eggs to hatch (After they are off the mother)?

Oh yeah, I am starting to look into Rummynose tetra and Celebes Rainbows, beautiful fish?

Tiger barbs are pretty sketchy... You could do something like this:
6 rummynose tetras
6 harlequin rasboras
6 orange laser cories
1 pitbull pleco
2 Bolivian ram
pitbull plecs need 3 or more

I thought of a stock list!
Here it is:

- Pair of GBR's (Already have female)

- 6 Black neon tetra (Already have)

- 3-4 Celebes Rainbows (These are not schooling fish; however, they like to be in at least a group of 3 or more)

- 6-8 Rummynose tetra

Feedback?

What are "Blue eyes" and what are you meaning "Solid"?

Blue-eyes are a type of rainbow that stay small and are kinda pretty IMO should've cleared that up. Sounding solid is an expression, means it sounds like a foolproof idea! :)

Yes it does, I might not get it, but idk (It was the first thing to pop in my head). Oh yeah, I'm not from the UK by the way, it was just the first link to copy and paste on google :)

Update!

New fish added! :)

I just added a Male ram and 4 dwarf Neon Rainbowfish (3M&1F)

What is really neat is that the Rams sometimes Shoal with the dwarf neons! It's awesome, such a site with all the pretty colors :)

I hope my rams will pair up :)

Well, I got my new fish last Saturday, and now, since I'm on a trip, it's hard to monitor my fish.
Today my mom called and said my bamboo shrimp died and a ghost shrimp died :( She also said that when she feed the fish, 3/4s of them didn't eat :(

I am really getting discouraged with fish keeping (Right before I de-did my 30 gallon - getting rid of everything including fish - I was very discouraged and was going to take a break, but then I wanted rams). If all the fish are dead by the time I get back, I'm either trying 1-2 fancy goldfish, African Cichlids or possibly salt water.

Also, It's only the 2nd day of my trip, I still have til saturday before I fly back :(

Back
Top Bottom