30 gallon with pearl gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mhaynes01

Aquarium Advice Freak
my cousin has a 30 gallon fw tank with 1pearl gourami (chases the dwarf gourami and some of the others) 3 platys, 2 sharks, 1 sailfin molly with 10 or so fry and a chinese algae eater and a Dwarf gourami with very bad fin nip.

When you say a pearl..you mean a T. leeri or is it "pearl" colored (aka silver gourami..a two spot hibrid)

The leeri are usually very shy nd social gourami. Colisa are striking and often lil pitas.

But one thing is for sure..if you have more than one gourami in a tank and less than 5....... the culprit of dorsal and caudal damage is another gourami.
keeping more than one species of labyrinth is usually a recipe for tank wars anyway. You can only do that with the large schooling species or mouth brooders.

well is actually a three spot gourami but it attacks everything in the tank except for the molly fry. the sharks just swim around minding there own buisnes

Heh, when I back spaced, I went to far. The whole slver three adn golden two thing went. Comme ci -comme ca.

....not that it makes a difference which large morph. Both two and three spots (and by virture..their color morphs) are aggressive sometimes, one is just more water sensitive .
Since he has a community and not really room for more gourami, I say traded off the larger gourami.

Be ready for the dwarf to take his place as tank bully if he decides to be braver after the bigger gourami is gone. Dwarves are a lot more aggressive than their larger counterparts.

thanks but he has a pengiun bio wheel with no BIO wheel and it is very dirty they are new to fish so what kind of filter do u recomend

canister is out of the picture

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
thanks but he has a pengiun bio wheel with no BIO wheel and it is very dirty they are new to fish so what kind of filter do u recomend???

canister filter is out of the picture

Back
Top Bottom