30 litre tank. 2 small rasboras, a better, and a khuli loach / cory?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chrislong

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Question is in the thread title. Yes I know it's small, I've had marine and big tracks in the past but this is for my little boy as a starter. That would be max stick. Has a trickle filter

Any thoughts welcome including "the tank is so small I wouldn't even put any water in it " comments :)

Thanks
Chris

Question is in the thread title. Yes I know it's small, I've had marine and big tracks in the past but this is for my little boy as a starter. That would be max stick. Has a trickle filter

Any thoughts welcome including "the tank is so small I wouldn't even put any water in it " comments :)

If Google is converting for me correctly then 30 liter is just under 8g, I have 4 tanks smaller than that :whistle:

Rasboras, kuhlis, and cories should all be kept in groups; that being said I wouldn't put kuhlis in anything less than a 10g, many people say 20.

You could do a school of micro rasboras, lots of types available, nice colors, and in my experience they school well. Whether or not the betta bothers them depends on the individual fish though. My male betta lives with green rasboras and red rili shrimp, doesn't bother either. Some folks have bettas who can't successfully live with anything.

Almost forgot: will you be running a heater? If not what's the room temperature of the water?

Hi, thanks for that, with a heater, yeah I figured the loach would be to big. Was looking at mosquito rasboras and a Cory. Need something to clean up the bottom

Hi, thanks for that, with a heater, yeah I figured the loach would be to big. Was looking at mosquito rasboras and a Cory. Need something to clean up the bottom

Corys need a group to be happy and you don't necessarily need something to clean the bottom just gravel vacum it once a week. Super easy.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

But if you wanted to you could get a nerite snail or two. They are pretty and come in a few different color patterns.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

You could do a small group of pygmaeus or habrosus cories. Another option would be a handful of neocaridina shrimp.

Hmm, worried about the load on the filter. 2 corys maybe, small ones? And rasbora....

Back
Top Bottom