32G stocking opinions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oscarr19 said:
2 angels in a 30G? Are they aggressive towards eachother? I'm guessing you have a male and female. Did you get a lucky pair or you watched them at the pet shop to see which were paired?

I got them less than a month old and put them with my guppies in a 10 gallon. I fed alot and they eat like pigs. :)
So moved them to 30 gallon. Been there a year no aggression at all, not even at feeding time. So ya lucky I guess

Heera said:
I got them less than a month old and put them with my guppies in a 10 gallon. I fed alot and they eat like pigs. :)
So moved them to 30 gallon. Been there a year no aggression at all, not even at feeding time. So ya lucky I guess

Luckyyyyy lol I'll likely settle with 1 but sometimes my petshop has only 2 in a tank so I might observe them before I buy or take a look for any paired ones already. Hope I get lucky!

The best way I have figured is buy them very young from local breeder and put them in the tank with other fish.
In my experience they do not get aggressive with the fish they lived with as long as you don't starve them.

Anyways good luck.

My LFS has them pretty young in a tank with about 10 of them inside.

Ask LFS to feed them, watch for the most aggressive eaters and most active. Than out of these see if u can find a pair.

Gud luck..

Alright thanks! If I do put 2 angels my sticking would be limited right? I wanted all 3 levels to my tank filled. Top with angels, middle with ? (was going with tetras but what to explore my options a little bit more), bottom with 6 Corydoras.

Ok how does this sound?

2 Angels(If i can't find a pair or am overstocked i'll be happy with 1)
1 Boesemani Rainbow
2 Painted swordtails (what sex? heard males are aggressive towards eachother)
3 Assorted Platies(Sexes? Likely 1 Blue mickey mouse, 1 Red wag and 1 hi-fin)
3 mollies(sexes? Likely 1 dalmation, 1 harlequin sailfin, 1 black)
6 Peppered Corydoras

Probably sounds highly overstocked but just picturing this tanks and how i want to aquascape it gives me chills :D

I can ditch having 2 angels and settle with 1 and ditch the corydoras. I would like to have a cleaning crew though...

Thoughts? suggestions?

Very overstocked!!
After cycling ofcourse.
Start with the most peaceful fish first, 2-3 at a time, every 2 weeks or so.
That way ur bacteria will adjust fine.

Keep up with the water changes. And testing

2 Angels(If i can't find a pair or am overstocked i'll be happy with 1)
1 Boesemani Rainbow
2 Painted swordtails (what sex? heard males are aggressive towards eachother)
3 Assorted Platies(Sexes? Likely 1 Blue mickey mouse, 1 Red wag and 1 hi-fin)
3 mollies(sexes? Likely 1 dalmation, 1 harlequin sailfin, 1 black)
6 Peppered Corydoras
Thoughts? suggestions?
A pair of angels by themselves needs that tank tothemselves. If by painted swordtails you mean dyed ones I highly reccomend that, they are already weak and are more susecptible to illness and sensitive. The Boesman by itself needs a school which should be in a fifty five gallon tank. Mollies have a huge bioload and I reccomend you only get one. Cories are not a clean-up crew, just because they are bottom feeders does not mean they will do aquarium maintenance for you.

What I meant by clean up crew was a bottom feeder that will eat food that sinks to the bottom which is what they do. I will still feed them sinking pellets and do regular water changes.

This is what i meant by painted swordtails

p-39958-Painted-Swordtail.jpg

Two angels an a number of other small fish would be no problem in that tank. Do get the corys and I would forget the livebearers. Tetras of a medium adult size would do well. If you are going to plant consider also a few Oto cats.

Very overstocked!!
After cycling ofcourse.
Start with the most peaceful fish first, 2-3 at a time, every 2 weeks or so.
That way ur bacteria will adjust fine.

Keep up with the water changes. And testing

My filter already has bacteria on the media. I'm just going to add more biomax and change the charcoal. All that will be new is the water, decorations and gravel. Still will monitor levels though. I really want to try to pull this off because i want a vast community aquarium with more than just 3 species.

Two angels an a number of other small fish would be no problem in that tank. Do get the corys and I would forget the livebearers. Tetras of a medium adult size would do well. If you are going to plant consider also a few Oto cats.

I kind of want to step away from tetras now. I want a colorful tank. I'll likely settle with 1 angel. Otos are to sensitive to water and i don't want to deal with that.

That is true. But you still can keep otos. The best way to do that is to add them to the tank after it has been established for a month or two, and then drip acclamate them for two or more hours, depending on how much time you have.

Back
Top Bottom