32G stocking opinions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That is true. But you still can keep otos. The best way to do that is to add them to the tank after it has been established for a month or two, and then drip acclamate them for two or more hours, depending on how much time you have.

i really want to steer away from the otos and try to make my setup work. So ditch 1 angel and only have 1. Ditch the corydoras. No painted swordtails or platies. Hmm let me try to adjust that stocking. Also i really want the rainbow fish. Do i really need a school? I've seen many housed alone. I'm trying to keep the angel and rainbowfish as the ''stars'' of the tank lol

Well yes they can be housed alone, however this is not the best way to keep them. IME when I housed one Boeseman's rainbow in my thirty gallon tank, it was a disaster, the rainbow kept chasing my swordtails and my molly around, and it was a little skittish. It was a female too.

Well yes they can be housed alone, however this is not the best way to keep them. IME when I housed one Boeseman's rainbow in my thirty gallon tank, it was a disaster, the rainbow kept chasing my swordtails and my molly around, and it was a little skittish. It was a female too.

Ya i just did a little research and you are right they indeed do better in a school. So i'm ditching the rainbow fish. Any other suggestion for a fish i can keep alone that is stunning?

Well I would say it's just the angel in there by itself. You can't really keep any other type of stunning centerpiece fish with an adult angel. An adult ram and angel need like a huge tank for it to work from what I've heard. DGs and bettas don't do well with angels because they are both top-dwelling territorial fish. I can't really think of anything else that could work as a centerpiece fish, but you could try, it really all depends on the fish you get.

Well I would say it's just the angel in there by itself. You can't really keep any other type of stunning centerpiece fish with an adult angel. An adult ram and angel need like a huge tank for it to work from what I've heard. DGs and bettas don't do well with angels because they are both top-dwelling territorial fish. I can't really think of anything else that could work as a centerpiece fish, but you could try, it really all depends on the fish you get.

So...

1 Angel
2 Pineapple Swordtails (Sexes?)
3 Platies (Blue Mickey Mouse, 1 Red Wag, 1 Hi-Fin) + (sexes?)
3 Mollies (1 Dalmation, 1 Harlequin Sailfin, 1 Black) + (Sexes?)

*6 Peppered Corydoras (Yes/No) OR Otos? (Should i? How many?)

Thoughts?

dollabill420 said:
I think mollies do better in brackish but can't remember, I know most are kept in freshwater but I've never seen an old in a fresh

That's a myth. They do just as well in fresh as they do in brackish. The reason you don't see old ones is because they're overbred or not cared for more often in FW.

Homedog98 said:
That's a myth. They do just as well in fresh as they do in brackish. The reason you don't see old ones is because they're overbred or not cared for more often in FW.

Well that's good to know lol. What about my stocking list? Sound ok? Would you guys keep a rainbow fish by itself?

I put up a build/log thread btw =]

Anyways so now I'm looking at this stock:

1 Angel (Marble or Black)
6 peppered cories or otos (which 1? Are SAE better?)

Now here is where I need help. I don't want any schooling fish so no tetras. I want a few pairs or trios of fish. I can't think of anything though.

No platies, guppies or mollies for now.

Marble angel looks awsome IMO.
2 oto's are good enough to keep your tank and glass clean. They eat and eat and eat some more. Just make sure to feed them once ur tank is super clean.

BTW <temp more they eat and faster they grow.

Well. Pics speak thousand words...
This is what u have seen so far;
White, black, marble.
Rarely seen- black- white and golden

Attachments

• image-4203300079.jpg
    image-4203300079.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 57
  • image-2273892955.jpg
    image-2273892955.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 62
  • image-2140022534.jpg
    image-2140022534.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 56
  • image-633195002.jpg
    image-633195002.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 57
  • image-1297468087.jpg
    image-1297468087.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 69
Well I was told by another member this stock list and I love it.

1 angel
2 Bolivian rams
6 tetras (unsure which ones yet)
6 peppered cories
3 otos

Oscarr19 said:
Well I was told by another member this stock list and I love it.

1 angel
2 Bolivian rams
6 tetras (unsure which ones yet)
6 peppered cories
3 otos

Looks great. I was just helping to decide which angel:)

Although I would go with only 2 otos and less cories.
Your tank will stay super clean with just 2 otos. If u do want them all u will have to feed them. Therefore bioload will go up.

But rest looks cool go for it... Don't forget to acclimate them...

Heera said:
Looks great. I was just helping to decide which angel:)

Although I would go with only 2 otos and less cories.
Your tank will stay super clean with just 2 otos. If u do want them all u will have to feed them. Therefore bioload will go up.

But rest looks cool go for it... Don't forget to acclimate them...

Ok thanks for the help. I think I'm gonna go with a marble angel. As far as acclimating I'll let the otos acclimate for 2 or 3 hours since they're so sensitive.

Well looks like this closes my stock. If you'd like I posted a thread on my 32G build/log. I should be getting the 32G tomorrow and start setting it up.

Hello Oscar19,
Just wondering, but are you the same "oscer1" that is on TSF?

i think its gonna have to be a decision at the fish store. I'll pick the one who stands out the most.

Back
Top Bottom