35 Gallon Stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smithpants94

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls--

I have a 35 gallon tank and I wanted to get some input/general comments about my stocking. Right now I have:

1 Dwarf Gourami
5 Zebra Danios
5 Redfin Tetras

I was wondering if this seems alright and if anything may need added or taken out.

Thanks in advance!

smithpants94 said:
Hey ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls--

I have a 35 gallon tank and I wanted to get some input/general comments about my stocking. Right now I have:

1 Dwarf Gourami
5 Zebra Danios
5 Redfin Tetras

I was wondering if this seems alright and if anything may need added or taken out.

Thanks in advance!

Definitely add cories!! I have a 30 gallon community tank with
1 pearl gourami
4 zebra and long finned danios
4 Cory cats(2 peppered, 1 albino, and 1 bronze)
6 fancy guppies
2 mystery snails
2 African dwarf frogs
Uncountable number of ghost shrimp

I would suggest any of these fish to anyone. It's such an active tank!

I have another 30 gallon community tank with
1 common pleco
1 clown pleco
4 silver hatchet fish
3 Black mollies
3 red platys
1 guppy that was being bullied in the other tank
(aggression in guppies is really important to note)
2 mystery snails
I've also noticed a few ghost shrimp in there that must have hitched a ride somewhere.

I would also suggest any of these to anyone. Except the common pleco, unless you're looking to upsize to a 150 gallon tank in the future. Lol.

Attachments

• image-2136866397.jpg
    image-2136866397.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 76
  • image-1586264449.jpg
    image-1586264449.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 74
  • image-3016629875.jpg
    image-3016629875.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 79
  • image-1521132496.jpg
    image-1521132496.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 85
  • image-389155591.jpg
    image-389155591.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 76
Definitely feel ya on the pleco! Hahaha! As for the cories-- what kind???? I've heard so much about them but when it boils down to it, I don't know anything about them!

I have juliis but pandas are also quite entertaining from what ive heard

Definitely feel ya on the pleco! Hahaha! As for the cories-- what kind???? I've heard so much about them but when it boils down to it, I don't know anything about them!

I didn't really like them until I accidentally inherited some. Now I love them! :) I like having a school where they're all pretty different. (I still plan on adding another albino, a green, and 2 pandas. :)) my albino is so active! I can almost always count on him to be doing something crazy. Lol!! I would see what is offered at your lfs. :)

I never was attracted to cories either, but I bought some albinos to appease my daughter, and they are fast becoming my favorites in the tank! They are active for hours, then just drop to the substrate and rest for a while. And all of a sudden, zip, they're all over again. My daughter loves them!

Adding cories is a good idea for bottom level activity and as a clean up crew. I like Julii's because of the 5 species of cory's I keep they are the most active during the day. Another thing since cory's are shoaling fish they really would rather be kept with their own species. Yes they will go around with different species of cory's but they really do well with their own kind.

Adding cories is a good idea for bottom level activity and as a clean up crew. I like Julii's because of the 5 species of cory's I keep they are the most active during the day. Another thing since cory's are shoaling fish they really would rather be kept with their own species. Yes they will go around with different species of cory's but they really do well with their own kind.

I 100% agree with this. I don't have any juliis but I've heard they're great! I have 2 peppered and they're glued at the hip(tail fin? Lol.) as soon as mine are in a larger tank I want to fill my school out a little better. When you do get cories, I suggest getting at least two of the same species together.

Actually they will like it especially if it has a couple little areas they can rest under.

Those are the best kind of presents :whistle: Actually you should look into Julii Cory Cats. I keep 5 different species and the Julii's are the most actively seen cory's in the tank, always zipping around and forging. Pandas are my 2nd choice.

Those are the best kind of presents :whistle: Actually you should look into Julii Cory Cats. I keep 5 different species and the Julii's are the most actively seen cory's in the tank, always zipping around and forging. Pandas are my 2nd choice.

Did you order your Julii Cory cats online? No one close to me ever has them. Making pandas my next planned purchase.

Actually they are pretty common around here. I had to order my Pandas!

That's kind of funny. I talked to my lfs today (they take reasonable suggestions on orders) about getting a shipment of juliis. :) so hopefully I won't have to special order. I did add another albino and what I thought was another bronze Cory to my tank today. Now I'm a little skeptical of whether it's really a bronze Cory or not. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom