36 and 20 gallon update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

insecurity

Aquarium Advice Activist
So, today marks my first day back to the forum since before the holiday season started way in 2012. Here's a few things I've learned and some questions:

1) Remember- lock your stands, especially if your electrical connections are in there. I had some younger cousins in the house over the holidays, and when I went to do a PWC, I found filter unplugged. It's an internal filter, so I never hear it to begin with.

2) No matter what is going on, don't delay PWCs. I delayed my PWC the week of the New Years Day, because of a nasty hangover, and it resulted in the passing of a platy varitus and my very first swordtail.

Lessons aside, here are my questions.

A) I got an Aqueon Water Changer (the one you attach to the faucet) for Christmas. Turns out it doesn't attach to the faucet closest to the 20 gal. Anybody know of a way to make an adapter? I asked my dad, who's a plumber, and he's stumped.

B) I'm hoping to go canister filter on the 36 gallon. Anybody have any reccomendations for a canister filter?

C) Night lights. I want to replicate moonlight for my 20gallon, without replacing the stock ballast. I have a timer on it, to regulate the amount of light. Any ideas?

So, today marks my first day back to the forum since before the holiday season started way in 2012. Here's a few things I've learned and some questions:

1) Remember- lock your stands, especially if your electrical connections are in there. I had some younger cousins in the house over the holidays, and when I went to do a PWC, I found filter unplugged. It's an internal filter, so I never hear it to begin with.

2) No matter what is going on, don't delay PWCs. I delayed my PWC the week of the New Years Day, because of a nasty hangover, and it resulted in the passing of a platy varitus and my very first swordtail.

Lessons aside, here are my questions.

A) I got an Aqueon Water Changer (the one you attach to the faucet) for Christmas. Turns out it doesn't attach to the faucet closest to the 20 gal. Anybody know of a way to make an adapter? I asked my dad, who's a plumber, and he's stumped.

B) I'm hoping to go canister filter on the 36 gallon. Anybody have any reccomendations for a canister filter?

C) Night lights. I want to replicate moonlight for my 20gallon, without replacing the stock ballast. I have a timer on it, to regulate the amount of light. Any ideas?

Check to see if the adapter in this pic would work the second from the bottom

Also a pic of the faucet would help

http://www.pythonproducts.com/a-acc.html

I had the same one, and my flow valve broke twice. So I just put an adapter for a hose on it and got an adapter for the sink and I just suck the water to siphon it out, then screw the hose attachment onto the faucet and fill it up.

Back
Top Bottom