36 gallon community centerpiece

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mbooker

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 36 gallon community tank that I have been working on for the last few months. Currently I have 8 Panda Corys and will soon have 8 Cherry Barbs. I'm trying to research a nice colorful showpiece fish to add later, but everything I look at seems to prefer a warmer temperature. Looking for something that would be comfortable at the 75~76 degree range and still peaceful. Any ideas?

I've looked at dwarf gourami's and they would look great! I've heard they can carry disease at times. Do you know if honey's tend to be healthier?

Honey's are healthier and quite pretty when in breeding mode. You might also consider a single pearl gourami: they're fairly peaceful and should be happy in the mid-70s, which is the low end of their range.

Dwarf gouramis are beautiful fish they can be aggressive about teritory and the number of gourami i had 3 , two bonded and killed the other . In a 36g tank i would only put in 2 gouramis

Honey's are healthier and quite pretty when in breeding mode. You might also consider a single pearl gourami: they're fairly peaceful and should be happy in the mid-70s, which is the low end of their range.

Honey gourami's are amazing. This is a great suggestion.

Honey Gourami, Apistogramma (not a beginner fish), and Bolivian Ram come to mind. Honey Gourami are the most peaceful Gourami that I've dealt with. Multiple males can be kept together without issue.

Back
Top Bottom