36 Gallon GSP Tank Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BfishLpond78

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So, I got this 36gal Bow Front extremely cheap so I decided to get i up and running to test it out for leaks and make sure everything works properly. This is where I am going to house my GSP. I think it needs some rock work but not sure how to set it up. Does anyone have any ideas. I have attached a picture for you guys to view. Very open to suggestions.

I also have a 10 gal. pond snail tank set up to house all of his delicious treats. LOL. they are breeding like crazy! I was gonna put ghost shrimp in there as well. What kind of water will they need in order to survive in there so i am not making constant trips to the pet store for shrimps....

Attachments

• IMG00220-20110515-1600.jpg
    IMG00220-20110515-1600.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 106
Nice looking tank and awesome piece of driftwood!! I have a 10g tank that I'm breeding ghost shrimp in right now. They breed in pure freshwater and are fairly easy to maintain as long as you are careful with the water parameters. When you first buy a batch from the pet store don't freak if you loose a few of them right away because they are sold as feeders they typically don't get the best care before being sold so a few might die unfortunately! I feel pretty lucky that out of the 25 I got I only lost 1.

If you want to breed them use either a sponge filter or put a sponge over the intake of a HOB filter. Also turn the suction down once you have shrimplets so they don't either get sucked up to the filter or or get malled by the water pressure.

I don't know for sure about breeding them with snails my only concern would be because the shrimplets seem to like to hang out on the glass they might get eaten but then again there pretty fast when scared so maybe they would be ok. Hopefully someone else could answer that question! (I'm thinking about doing either GSPs or figure8s in the near future so I would be very interested in the answer as well!)

Thank you, yea i really like the driftwood but I really think i need some rocks in there, cause I would like to put some other tankmates in there, so I would like to have a place for them to hide. I'm just not sure what kinda rocks to get, cause eventually the GSP could go full Marine and I'll most likely have to take the DW out if im not mistaken. Hopefully someone can correct me or guide me.

Anyone have any luck with additional tankmates with GSP's?

I'm not really good with the whole updating as I go along but here is my lil man. The tank is very boring right now, gonna try and figure out some rock work soon. Any ideas?

BfishLpond78 said:
I'm not really good with the whole updating as I go along but here is my lil man. The tank is very boring right now, gonna try and figure out some rock work soon. Any ideas?

Wow! Is his belly shape normal? Lookalike he just ate something big!
Lol

Ya he ate some delicious shrimp and two snails. I spoil him on Sundays. It will return to normal in a few hours.

Ya, he's all by himself. I'll be moving to my new house soon so I didn't wanna get anything else just yet. I really would like him to have tankmates. He was with other fresh community fish for about two weeks and didn't cause "too" much trouble. But when I move into the place I'll have rearranged the tank and hopefully figure out it out by then. I know you have BB gobies, how are they doing so far?

Ya, he's all by himself. I'll be moving to my new house soon so I didn't wanna get anything else just yet. I really would like him to have tankmates. He was with other fresh community fish for about two weeks and didn't cause "too" much trouble. But when I move into the place I'll have rearranged the tank and hopefully figure out it out by then. I know you have BB gobies, how are they doing so far?

So far, so good. Everyones happy, well except the snails lol. The BBG don't seem to mind the boys and can scoot away when they need too. I read everywhere that BBG's are slow, but I'd have to refute that now.

I watched Jake come face to face with a ghostie, they looked at each other and he just moved on, but they and the AES got the hiding spots down while they had the tank to themselves. Both are great cleaners BTW.

That's awesome, now are you going to take him full marine?

I was thinking about doing it a while down the road cause I have always wanted to but I heard they are not reef safe cause they will nibble on corals and what not.

But its ok though, i have a brand new 55 gallon just laying around waiting for me to settle in the new place for a nice marine set up.

I've seen conflicting info on taking GSP full SW, one AA member I talked with did it and the puffer didn't do all that well, so the went back to BW. But that's a ways away since these are est. at 3 months old.

Back
Top Bottom