36 gallon stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scoobydoo11693

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys, I just wanted to know what I can add to my 36 gallon tank. So far I have 2 honey gouramis(males), 1 bala shark(I will bring it back if it gets much larger than it is which is 2 inches), 3 glo fish tetras, a couple Kuhli Loaches, a couple amono shrimp, and a couple African dwarf frogs. The frogs, loaches, and shrimp don't get in the way of any swimming room since they always hang out at the bottom. I was wondering what I could get? I definitely want a pair of Angels but not sure if it'd be too much. Can I get 2 Angels, 2 pearl gouramis, and a couple more glo tetras for a school? If I can't get the Angels, can I get at least 2 more gourmis(the Peaceful ones)? Not sure who will get along with who, I have heard that glo fish tetras may pick at Angels fins but not sure if it's true. Thanks!

Alrighty first, no more angels Or groumais. Both are territorial, in habit the same tank level and will fight. In all retrospect, you probably have male groumais that ha already claimed a territory so no more. I would add more to you tetras and loaches and call it done.also no groumais are truly peaceful and will fight, petals get 6 inches.

Also return te bala ASAP! See it grows two feet long, incredibly actor and a schooler.

Yes I agree. Return the shark, get at least 4 more kuhli loaches, and add to your schools. You are pretty close to stocked as it is, without the bala. Check aquadvisor.com to get some good info about how stocked your tank is and your fish compatibility.
Just because fish don't take up swimming room does not mean they don't add to your bioload.

Thanks guys

My mom surprised me today with two angels(2 in by 2 in). So if I get rid of the bala shark, I will have two angels, 2 honey gouramis, 2 kuhli loaches, and 3 glo fish tetras. Can i keep all of this (without the bala shark) and add loaches along with 3 more glo fish tetras? if the angels get too big I will get rid of em but I wanna keep them for now.

I would get rid of the shark, no more glo fish and get a couple more loaches if I were u. That's just my opinion

Back
Top Bottom