36 gallon stocking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylefight11

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
After columnaris destroyed my tank over the summer, I sterilized everything and and have almost finished cycling the tank. It is heavily planted with a sand substrate. I want a community tank with a large school of small fish (neon tetra sized), an attention getting fish that can draw your eye from across the room, and some bottom dwellers.

Here is my current stocking idea
11 blood fin tetras
6 Celebes rainbows
5 corys ( probably julii)
1 Bolivian ram

Aqadvisor says I'm stocked at 104%

The tank is a 30" by 15" by 24" tall bowfront.
My only problem is that my water is well water with a kh of 300 ppm and a gh of 90 ppm. RO is not an option and neither is rainwater (I live in northern CA)
I would rather have a different tetra but I don't know any that school tightly, stay small, and like hard water.
Any suggestions or opinions?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Rummy nose tetras only get up to two inches and school the tightest of almost any small schooling fish. I recommend Julli cories if you want any. They stay quite small at maybe a max of two inches. Panda cories look really cute too. How about adding a pair of BR instead of just one? I like Celebes rainbow fish too. Excited to get an update! Take a photo when you are done!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom