36g to 75g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UDCatFish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi. I discovered a few days ago that my 36g bowfront had a crack in the front. Yesterday the crack was worse and had in fact gone sideways. I bought a 75g and a fluval 406 Canister filter last night. My questions: will moving the filter media from my fluval 70 hob to the new 406 canister, and moving the old substrate from the 36g to the 75g, and transferring the old water, be okay enough for me too transfer my fish right away? or will that just start a new cycle? Or do I need to do a fishless cycle on the 75g and wait until it completes? My 36 g has had stable parameters for over a year and has been set up for about a year and a half. It is currently stocked with 8 Black Neon Tetras, 8 glolight tetras, and 5 spotted corys. My substrate is mostly sand with a little rounded gravel mixed in. My current filter media is sponge, biomax, and polishing pads. I am extremely concerned that my 36g is going to leak and/or break due to the crack rapidly getting worse, but I don't want to put my fish into a cycling tank either. Not sure what to do. Thanks

You might get a mini cycle at first. But I'm guessing your new tank would be cycled within 24 hours. Probably cleared up and good within 48 hours. So yes I think it would work.

Back
Top Bottom