37 Gallon Stocking Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Desacrator

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So i have a 37 in my room that has two small plecos (3.5ish inches and 1.5ish incles) with two cory cats(had 4, 2 disappeared so ill get two more) who are chilling like the bosses they are. A few days ago I picked up four neons and added the last one from the 10 gallon in another room. My question is how many more neons can I stick in there? I originally wanted tiger barbs but i love these little guys.

What type of plecos do you have? Bristlenose plecos would probably be fine but if they are common plecos i would suggest you get rid of them. I had a buddy who's pleco grew to a foot in 2 years. I would recommend removing both the plecos and maybe getting some more catfish and/or a snail. With that setup you should have plenty of room for 5+ more tetras.

One is a high fun pleco. I know they get big. When he gets too large I am either gonna put him in my mom's tank or trade him in for store credit. The other one I don't know what kind it is but it looks like a stingray. It is really thin and flat

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Does it look like this? In that case you may have a loach.

Attachments

• loach.jpg
    loach.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 162
Hmm that's funny. I would wait and see what others have to say about it. My recommendation would be to add 2 more corys like you were planning and leave the rest as is. If it is a loach it's probably a Hillstream loach which get up to 4 inches and should be ok in your tank.

Back
Top Bottom