37G Tall Stocking Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zatch

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello. I have recently obtained and cycled a 37g tall tank. The dimensions are a touch peculiar, 20in w x 18in d x 24in tall. It is moderately planted, with some nice high swords, val, and others. The filter is a Fluval in-tank U3, rated for 40g. So far, I have really been able to decide on 5 Harlequin Rasboras, a solo Angel, 6 Panda Cories and a snail. I am leaning towards adding 5 Rummynose Tetras, but am worried that may be a bit much (aqadvisor thinks so). Can anyone offer their opinion?

If not the tetras, is there a less heavy type of fish of? I am tempted by a Gourami or a couple of Swordtails, but I know there is potential for issues with the Angel there. Lemon Tetras?

Any suggestions for the final stocking would be much appreciated.

IMO I would do 10 rummynose and no harleys. But i think if you do a school then get at least 7 or 8. They are much happier, and look better. you could do 2 groups of 5, if you have good filtration.

I think you could get away with 6-7 of both harlequins and rummynoses.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks all. Would subbing a Pearl Gourami for the Rummys be a good call potentially? Also hearing some advice that Pandas won't like the water temp for that high.

That's true pandas shouldn't be kept above 77. I love gouramis, so I would do that yes

I think you could get away with 6-7 of both harlequins and rummynoses.

I agree, you could get away with 6-7 of each if you wanted, but i would increase percentage of pwc's

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Don't worry too much about the percents aqadvisor gives. I'll personally go as high as 120% or so for stocking guidlines. As long as you keep up with water changes you'll be fine, so go ahead and add the tetras!

Corys are awesome fish, there are some that can tolerate higher temps but not a lot.

I would stick with the one angel, 6 panda corys, and 1 snail.

Then add a large school of one species. Large schools are very cool, especially when they do school tightly.

If u wantva tight schooling fish get rummynose. They school the best out of any fish.

You could get away with about 10 to 15 rummynose.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom