38g, ideas needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

checkvalve

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey all !
Well after cleaning all the saltwater remains out, I finally transfered my fish to their new home, they were in a 29g. Currently I have 7 lemon tetras, 3 white clouds and a botia stratia loach. Filtration & heat is done by a Fluval 204 and a Penguin 660 powerhead, 1 50w & 1 100w heaters.
Any ideas what else I should add or upgrade?

img_649183_0_c55dc22c08d16e60991cd0c758d814f4.jpg

what kind of lighting? if those are live plants rememeber to check tyo see if your in the 1 watt per gallon range for suffienct growth, the layout looks rather nice though, I reallyl ike your plant coverage and how clear your water is lol a couple really long plants in the back might look nice and help fill in some space though, other than that you havea really good setyup

A few more striata's would be a good start; they're social fish. Some other tetras would be good, black neons?

Wow is that water CLEAR ! It took weeks before mine got that crystal clear look. Great job and I like the layout also. Are the plants live ? they sure look to be.
I agree on the additional loaches .

My panda cories are quite entertaining and spend about 25 - 30% of their time off the bottom either playing or running along the leaves of the plants. They're a HOOT and you might enjoy 3 - 5 of them yourself.

Thanks for all the replies !

Lighting is a standard 20" flur. off the 29g till I get one of proper size.
Clear water.....thanks, I'm a nut about their water quality.
No real plants in there, all fake. I gess we did a good job on the illusion. lol
Cories are quite entertaining, and my wife really wants a few.

Went to petco Saturday nite and bought 5 Harlequin Rasbora's, 1 Albino Aeneus Cory Cat and 1 Bronze Cory Cat.
I put them in QT for 24 hrs. and so far so good, all healthy. Hope to put them in their new home soon.

Back
Top Bottom