3D Background

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OsciTheOscar

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Anyone with 3D background experience...

First, whatya think?

Also, has anyone ever tried hanging 3D ground from the top of the tank? If not, why or what would the downfall be? Like lighting, etc...

Really pumped to create my ACs a whole new world with way more caves and such...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1426128564738.jpg
    1426128564738.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 77
Most 3d backgrounds are made with foam coated in cement. This is usually soo bouyant that you have to silicone it to the back of the tank.

You can make it out of solid concrete, but it usually has to be cured for months on end before you're able to use it in a tank. You can play around with other materials, but I'm not sure what else you would try it out of.

I've never tried this in an aquarium but could you do it the same way I do vivs? Great stuff foam is legit.

I love my fish!!!

I've never tried this in an aquarium but could you do it the same way I do vivs? Great stuff foam is legit.

I love my fish!!!
Thats pretty much how they are done. You just have to cure them for a short time to keep the ph from spiking.

What would you coat the great stuff in? Just paint it or some sort of gravel?

In vivs I use silicone and coir which obviously wouldn't work in an aquarium!

I love my fish!!!

That looks awesome! And not too hard. I'm just worried about ph spikes now. If I wanted to do this in one of my tanks, I couldn't wait a couple of weeks to out the fish back in. I would keep them in QT....

I love my fish!!!

Ive been hijacked...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Too sweet! Thanks for sharing. I sense a future project.....

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom