4 Bolivian Rams?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joeyfishguy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
40 gallon breeder tank
Planted
Dirft wood and rocks
One ram in there now
Other tetras

I wanted more Rams how do people feel about 4 in a 40? I know they tend to not love each other but I figure 40 gallons with hiding and plants to disrupt line of sight and other schooling fish to distract them 4 might be ok?

Do it. They're tougher to sex but that's a good size playground so it should play out. I'm considering a troop for.my new.40b as well.
Good structure in the tank?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

40 gallon breeder tank

Planted

Dirft wood and rocks

One ram in there now

Other tetras

I wanted more Rams how do people feel about 4 in a 40? I know they tend to not love each other but I figure 40 gallons with hiding and plants to disrupt line of sight and other schooling fish to distract them 4 might be ok?

If mean 2 pairs, this maybe too much aggression during breeding. You could try a sorority. I wouldn't add more than one pair to a 40 gallon tbh.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yeah I have neons and X-ray schools and one ram seems lonely and also he's super nice so I thought he or she not really sure would be nice to have a couple more I like them as center pieces if you will where as the tets are background for me you know

I agree with Brook - I've kept four adult bolivians in a 30 for several years with no real issues. Yes, they fight (beyond the usual squabbling) when they spawn, but have never seen an actual injury.

Back
Top Bottom