4 month old tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tomlintm

Aquarium Advice Activist
4 week old tank not 4 month sorry my mistake

well i just lost all my glofish my cory catfish servived so im starting over so im curious the flakes i was feeding the glofish would that be good to to feed them or should i go with wafers

I've been having glofish for over a year. I've always used flakes. They like to eat off of algea wafers too though.
What size tank you have? What fish you have? And what are your water parameters?

ForumRunner_20130412_133322.jpg
there is the 3 test i took last night after doing 3 water changes and i got a 20 gallon tank but what happened that the glofish were dieing i was in the middle of my first water change and desided i was going to cleaning the devorations and gravel they were up at top of water and started to die when i started to readd my decoration

Dang that's after doing 3 water changes?! No telling how high the ammonia was. Which is probably what killed them. Looks like your tank might actually not be cycles even though it has been set up for four months. Try to do a 30-40% water change everyday to get that ammonia down. Test the water before the water change when you test it. You know about cycling?

there is the 3 test i took last night after doing 3 water changes and i got a 20 gallon tank but what happened that the glofish were dieing i was in the middle of my first water change and desided i was going to cleaning the devorations and gravel they were up at top of water and started to die when i started to readd my decoration

That's your ammonia after 3 water changes? How stocked it your tank? What's your filtration like.

my ammonia was at 8.0 bc i pver stacked it and put 15 glos in at once and the 2 corys in after

i also got a bio wheel filtraion system that filters 150g a hr bit the filter keep cloging up tho

Dang that sucks. But next time add a couple fish at a time and slower. Try to get your water right first. Daily pwcs will definitely be in your future

im sure the nexted couple of water changes with i will start tonight the in the morning then that night should fix the problem

world the tetra freezed dried bloodworms be ok for my cory cats and tetra baby shrimp

Just do water changes daily. You might wanna read about cycling. There's a few articles on it on this website

You might want to try cleaning out that filter system you have also. When you do a water change take the filter media out and switch it around a bit in the tank water. Post on here the next few days with you parameters. I wouldn't add any fish till you get the water right.

You might want to try cleaning out that filter system you have also. When you do a water change take the filter media out and switch it around a bit in the tank water. Post on here the next few days with you parameters. I wouldn't add any fish till you get the water right.

i was told that since i got a bio wheel now that i can use tap water to clean the sfilter out bc the bio wheel has the good bacteria on it right

Back
Top Bottom