40 Breeder Hood?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rhino

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Does anyone with a 40 breeder use any kind of hood or glass canopy? I am looking for mine and I would prefer a glass canopy. However, every place I look either does not stock them in this size or it says two pieces for tank with brace. My breeder does not have a brace..what gives? Do you all just not use one on your tank? Please help. Give a link if you know where I can get one that will fit for sure.

Get the exact inside dimensions and check Foster& Smith,Pet Solutions, Or Glass Cages. com

I got my 40 gallon breeder and the glass canopy at Petco. Canopy fits like a glove!! :)

If you have a Petco but they don't have the glass canopy have them order one for you.

I got my 40 gallon breeder and the glass canopy at Petco. Canopy fits like a glove!! :)

If you have a Petco but they don't have the glass canopy have them order one for you.

The largest tank my petco keeps on hand on a regular basis is the 40 breeder and they never have a canopy that will fit. Also, none of the workers their have half a brain so I don't trust them to order the proper thing. I prefer petsmart by a landslide. Closest one to me though is about 45 min away

Get the exact inside dimensions and check Foster& Smith,Pet Solutions, Or Glass Cages. com

Yeah all those places just like I said have the ones that are two separate pieces for the tanks with a center brace...which the 40 breeder does not have. The exception being glasscages.com who has a disclaimer saying that it is only guaranteed to fit their tanks. I don't want to make the 2 hour drive to dickson twice.

Thatpetplace.com sent me 2 broken 40 breeder 1 piece canopies, I would NOT order from there. I was looking for a single piece canopy for a long time, I finally found a LFS that was able to order one from aqueon directly.

After having the plastic piece on the back on for a few days I realized the temp got way too hot. I wound up taking it off and just leaving the back 2 inches exposed.

Could I just buy an acrylic sheet from lowe's?

Yeah DIY projects save you money! I know my local Home Depot have free glass cutters, so I'm considering making my own lid as well.

Thatpetplace.com sent me 2 broken 40 breeder 1 piece canopies, I would NOT order from there.

Oh really? Thanks for the heads up! Free return?

I will just go to Lowe's tomorrow and get an acrylic sheet to put on the top so that I have the best coverage to reduce evaporation.

Terrance said:
Oh really? Thanks for the heads up! Free return?

I didn't need to return them, I just emailed them pictures from my phone. Thy told me to just throw them both out. What are they going to do with a bunch of shattered glass? Haha. I just decided to ask for my money back and I went some where else.

Acrylic or plexiglass? Plexi will bow/sag very badly in the middle IME. Lexan is a much better material if you can find it, also more expensive. I use glass versa-tops on my 40 breeders, but make sure the top is from the same maufacturer as the tank. A maineland top won't fit an all-glass tank.

Acrylic or plexiglass? Plexi will bow/sag very badly in the middle IME. Lexan is a much better material if you can find it, also more expensive. I use glass versa-tops on my 40 breeders, but make sure the top is from the same maufacturer as the tank. A maineland top won't fit an all-glass tank.

It is Optix clear acrylic. Did not know that about plexiglass though, thanks for the heads up!

Back
Top Bottom