40 gallon stock ideas..... Aittt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Juventus

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just got a 40 gallon cycling and i wana add maybe around 6 or 7 fish, i wana kno what kinds go together and look good for freshwater, i also need 1 pleco ( i like em )

Get a bushy nose Pleco. They stay small which will be good for your tank. If you only want 6 or 7 fish that means you aren't interested in schools like cories, tetras, loaches,or rasboras?

You could do a pair of angels, 3 rainbows, 1 BN Pleco, and a spotted Raphael cat.

Or if you are interested in schools, you could go with 6 tetras of your choice, dwarf gourami, German blue ram, 6 cory cats, and the BN Pleco.

Or you could do some small cichlids like 1 each of festivum, rainbow, keyhole, and blue acara, with a redtail shark for a bottom dweller.

Those r some great ideas i actualy would get a school of maybe 4 tetras if thats the best school there is but i need to know what else goes with em , i also want an angel

When a redtail gets full grown it can kill smaller fish. But they won't actively hunt. As long as the tetras are in a large enough school they should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom