40 gallon tank restart-stocking fish+plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishyperson3010

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi,

After lots of deaths in my tank I only have 3 fish left, 1 harlequin rasbora, 1 peppered Cory and 1 bolivian ram. I would like to restock it on all three levels with possibly:
2x honey gourami
8x various cories (including 1 I have)
1x bolivian ram (the one I have)
6x harlequin rasbora ( including the one I have)
7x tetra unsure
5x otocinclus

Please tell me what you think and if I should take away anything or if I could add anything.

P.s. could you advise some good plants I might get co2 or a liquid fertiliser

Thanks
fishyperson3010

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I wouldn't add the ottos until the tank is up and running or well established for at least two months.

Ok, just checking. I would hate to advise you to stock that and have them die again. Ich is usually a result of pour water quality which lowers the fish immune system. Do you think you corrected the issue? Do you keep up on your water changes? Do you have proper filtration? Did you rid the tank of the ich? If your all set in with those issues then i would say that stocking list is fine. The cory should be all the same spieces so you should just got with more pepper cory. Also, you could get pretty much any tetras, but you could also do a school of furcata rainbows instead.

Back
Top Bottom