40B aqueon plans, thoughts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Slammed01

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all!

Looking to invest in a 40 breeder from petco since they have the aqueon for 1/2 off. May store it in a closet and piece together a setup for assembly in a year. Coming from salt reef just no time or $$$ with toddler and infant.

. Had a 46 bow I scored used but just sold as I didn't want to have it sitting in the garage in the heat. Trying to wait a year so our son will be 2 and tank will be in living room (main room with him crawling, in cruiser crashing into things currently lol)

Anyone know when petsmart sale is?heard they do 40B for $36.

Looking at

40Breeder

Petsmart 50/65 Marco stand (heard same dimensions as 40B)

Sunsun canister (model undetermined)

Heater (undetermined)

Pool sand

36" aqueon modular led light

Hydorkoralia power head? Necessary in FW?

Sun sun 304B canister

Eheim 150w heater

Current USA 36-48" LED freshwater light

Get a finnex 24/7, and ditch the sunsun, they are garbage. I know canisters are cool but I've junked all of them and gone back to aquaclear hob. You can throw a hydro nano in there, I do.

Get a finnex 24/7, and ditch the sunsun, they are garbage. I know canisters are cool but I've junked all of them and gone back to aquaclear hob. You can throw a hydro nano in there, I do.

Sweet, I can get a Aquaclear from petco from $35-40 after $15 back from American Express.

Could always add another later, would a 70suffice or 110 mandatory?dont want heavily stocked.

Finnex over the current USA? Can get that price matched for $61

My 40b has a 70 and a 30 side by side with a nano240 and eheim 350, glass top, medium light with co2 injection

Finnex is a far better option. I run both and they are both capable but the finnex has more punch

Perfect! Just trying to get everything sorted out so I know exactly what I want when I order. Stand on back order but can't beat a $50 gift certificate from dr fosters which would be my heater and test kit!

110 would be too much in one spot, if you baffle the flow away from substrate??

Back
Top Bottom