40B cycled. FISH HELP??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

serena00

Aquarium Advice Freak
Alright so here's what I'm looking for...

I have a 40G breeder. At this point I am not doing live plants in this tank as I'm am working on the other 3 tanks with live.

A little community, but I want more than 10 fish... So nothing that gets over 3 inches. Unless of course it's one fish with others that are smaller.

It can be any kind of community. I'm leaning towards semi aggressive/active fish.

What would you choose with these perimeters? I would love your input.

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
10g betta, nano fish, shrimp
5.5g betta

You could do a pair of breeding angels with some Cardinal tetras or some other small tetra. Or maybe a Dwarf gourami as a centerpiece fish with some small black neon tetras. Or maybe a school of Tiger barbs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You could do a pair of breeding angels with some Cardinal tetras or some other small tetra. Or maybe a Dwarf gourami as a centerpiece fish with some small black neon tetras. Or maybe a school of Tiger barbs.

Angels won't hurt the other fish? In my experience with them they don't like most other fish.

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
5.5g betta

If they breed then yes they will become aggressive. Other than that from what I've seen they are just a bit territorial and you need to put them with other fish that are not aggressive. 1 angel fish would be good because then you wouldn't run into any breeding which is when they get really aggressive.

Anybody else?? I'm headed to the fish store in an hour.

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
5.5g betta

What did you end up getting?

I came home with a German blue ram, gold ram, zipper loach, 2 otocinclous, and 3 Odessa barbs. I will add more in a week.

Any thoughts on the stock so far or what I can add?? (I will up the barbs to 5 or 6)

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
5.5g betta

Are you a fan of tetras? A bigger school of them could really add some activity to the middle. Or two middle sized schools could work. Could go with skirt, black neons, rummy nose, blood fins, Cardinal, fruit, embers, green neons.

Or a type o rainbow, I like the thread fins myself.

?Check out my tank shots recent tank pics in Instagram under #cgtanks

Are you a fan of tetras? A bigger school of them could really add some activity to the middle. Or two middle sized schools could work. Could go with skirt, black neons, rummy nose, blood fins, Cardinal, fruit, embers, green neons.

Or a type o rainbow, I like the thread fins myself.

I love tetras! Rummy is my favorite but I have a school in another tank. I wasn't sure what the Odessa would get along with

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
5.5g betta

Odessa are one for mellower types of barbs. Thy should get along fine in with larger types of tetras. Just make sure you have proper schools of each

I came home with a German blue ram, gold ram, zipper loach, 2 otocinclous, and 3 Odessa barbs. I will add more in a week.

Any thoughts on the stock so far or what I can add?? (I will up the barbs to 5 or 6)

I think you should also up oto numbers to 6-10.

Back
Top Bottom