40g AIO stocking ideas and questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NotFishyFishGuy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone I ve had a freshwater 10g for about 3 years now and I want to plan for an upgrade. I am going to keep the fish from the ten gallon and move it to the new tank, a 40g cobalt aquatics c vue. I am planning to get the tank in a month and wanted to do some research first. So far, I’ve came up with stocking ideas. Is it too much fish?
New fish:3x red eyed tetras 5x Congo tetras 5x dwarf Gouramis 4xclams
Older/ already have Fish:4x guppies 1xmolly 1xswordtail 2xred eyed tetras 2xgolden algae eaters 1x eel like fish
Could I still fit more fish?
Also, I haven’t cycled a freshwater tank for a while (my most recent tank I cycled was a saltwater fluval evo 13.5 3 months ago, but I sort of had someone else test the parameters and tell me it was ok for fish.) I know the nitrogen cycle and cycling the tank is similar to cycling a saltwater tank, but could you just remind me about cycling? If I used filter media from my old tank, would the new tank be cycled? Also, what filter media could I use for this new tank?

Back
Top Bottom