40gal or 50gal??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RyanBenson

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So this summer I will be working at the same place I worked last summer and my pay will go up around .50 - 1.00 extra an hour. I really want a bigger tank and more fish options. I will be doing a fish less cycle with this next tank. But I would just like some suggestions on what kind of semi-aggressive fish go well together and whether or not I should put live plants in there! I plan on having 2 filters for this tank to be safe, and a bubbler for sure because I think it adds a little more decoration to the tank. Any and all suggestions and advice will be greatly appreciated! :)

And would maybe 1 or 2 Bala sharks be fine with other fish?? Red tail shark??

What fish were you expecting to mix with a bala or red tail shark? They are like bigger barbs that don't nip.

What fish were you expecting to mix with a bala or red tail shark? They are like bigger barbs that don't nip.

Any kind really, I was looking for suggestions that would go well with like 1 or 2 of those unless they are too big. For more

I don't have to get sharks, but just fish that would go well together!

Compatibility list I found:gouramis, angelfish, clown loach, elephant nose fish, silver dollars, plecos, and maybe a few others.
I wouldn't add any cichlid to the list though, but I know a few might work.
Remember these are huge fish!

Compatibility list I found:gouramis, angelfish, clown loach, elephant nose fish, silver dollars, plecos, and maybe a few others.
I wouldn't add any cichlid to the list though, but I know a few might work.
Remember these are huge fish!

Alright! Cool thanks!! Generally in a 50 gal tank, How many would be overstock???

Well, I didn't realize you're tank size, but if in a 50 gallon, none. A minimum of at least 80 gallons would be required for them to be happy, but that said, they would need to be in groups of at least 3-6 to not be lonely and stressed. I heard people saying they can go insane in some sort, and there are a lot of side effects. To keep 3, at least 100 gallons would be required, 120 gallons recommended.
Sorry for the disappointing news.

Well, I didn't realize you're tank size, but if in a 50 gallon, none. A minimum of at least 80 gallons would be required for them to be happy, but that said, they would need to be in groups of at least 3-6 to not be lonely and stressed. I heard people saying they can go insane in some sort, and there are a lot of side effects. To keep 3, at least 100 gallons would be required, 120 gallons recommended.
Sorry for the disappointing news.

It's cool! Do you know any 50 gal fish?

It's cool! Do you know any 50 gal fish?
Is this gonna be a community tank or not?
If so, Platties, mollies, guppies,
German Blue Ram's, a single oscar, pleco, Red tail shark, clown loach, and also African spotted leaf fish are amazing!

Is this gonna be a community tank or not?
If so, Platties, mollies, guppies,
German Blue Ram's, a single oscar, pleco, Red tail shark, clown loach, and also African spotted leaf fish are amazing!

Can you have a semi-aggressive community tank or are those 2 different things.

Can you have a semi-aggressive community tank or are those 2 different things.
Of course you can. Here's an example i found: Loach, catfish, barbs , sharks, tetra, cichlid's, gourami's, ghost knife fish, leopard pleco, red rainbow fish.

That's an example I saw of a semi-aggressive aquarium. They might not all be semi-aggressive though, but it's an example:D

Of course you can. Here's an example i found: Loach, catfish, barbs , sharks, tetra, cichlid's, gourami's, ghost knife fish, leopard pleco, red rainbow fish.

That's an example I saw of a semi-aggressive aquarium. They might not all be semi-aggressive though, but it's an example:D

Oh sweet!! Loaches are cool! Well thanks!

Back
Top Bottom