45 gallon corner stocklist?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mike4242

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am going to purchase a 45 gallon corner from my buddy. Any thoughts on a stocklist? Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Why a corner tank? They generally cost more per gallon. I would go with the biggest standard size tank that fits in the space.

Is this a gift or is he just asking for your expertise to start things off?

Who will be maintaining it?

What type of fish does he like? What makes him want the tank?

Fishguy2727 said:
Why a corner tank? They generally cost more per gallon. I would go with the biggest standard size tank that fits in the space.

Is this a gift or is he just asking for your expertise to start things off?

Who will be maintaining it?

What type of fish does he like? What makes him want the tank?

I am buying it from him, I'm getting a rather good deal on it so no biggie on the price. I will be maintaining it as well. I like all types of fish, I have a south/central cichlid tank and I have a 20 long with some schooling fish and dwarf gourami and ram. I want to kind of mix it up though for the 55. I definitely want corys but I'm not certain what else

Corys and great. You could do a mixed school, like 5 albino and 5 pepper. Really any fish that isn't really big or aggressive is good with corys. Maybe do an angel tank, 4-6 angels and a a school of tetras and the corys. Or a bunch of small stuff. The corys and then a bunch of schools, tetras, hatches, snails and shrimp. Or Gouramis, mix it up with them. Lots of things you could do just research the fish first!

After taking a look at replies and doing research, I think I decided on 6 angel fish and 8 corys. Just debating what type if small schooling fish to throw in

I would recommend doing four angels instead of six, just for space and aggression reasons if and when they start breeding. 45 gallons isn't a lot of room when it comes to adult angels.. Other than that I think your stocking plan is great! When picking your schooling fish just be sure to choose something that are too big for the angels to eat. Small tetras like neons are their natural prey. :)

Morgie said:
I would recommend doing four angels instead of six, just for space and aggression reasons if and when they start breeding. 45 gallons isn't a lot of room when it comes to adult angels.. Other than that I think your stocking plan is great! When picking your schooling fish just be sure to choose something that are too big for the angels to eat. Small tetras like neons are their natural prey. :)

Thanks, do you think if I drop the angel to 4 I could throw 1 or 2 more corys in? And I was thinking maybe some black skirt tetras? But I want something with a little more color that would go nicely with Angels and corys. And do you think I should get a pleco or would that be pushing it

Penguin and rummynose are nice tetras. Make sure you get some really good filtration on the tank as well!
A pleco would definitely be pushing it. ;)

Back
Top Bottom