45 gallon with Angelfish???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hope it will, the only issue is that my sister wants black sand which costs an arm and a leg around here. $20 for 12lbs at the lfs and $5.48 for 5lbs at the not so near and not so visited lfs... But at least the tank came with 2 filters(one I will use and the other no way), a lighted hood, and a heater! Save major $! Plus I only paid $25 for everything:D:dance:

AquaKai said:
I hope it will, the only issue is that my sister wants black sand which costs an arm and a leg around here. $20 for 12lbs at the lfs and $5.48 for 5lbs at the not so near and not so visited lfs... But at least the tank came with 2 filters(one I will use and the other no way), a lighted hood, and a heater! Save major $! Plus I only paid $25 for everything:D:dance:

That sand is pretty expensive! Maybe u can talk her into PFS it looks so natural and u can save the extra$$$ for fish :D wow 25? That's amazing

Flossie said:
That sand is pretty expensive! Maybe u can talk her into PFS it looks so natural and u can save the extra$$$ for fish :D wow 25? That's amazing

Tried that but she wants to go with a black white and silver look (plus the rummys), and she found some silver marbles that she wants to put on the black sand, so I doubt I'll get her to change her mind. So she better love me for a while and not expect Christmas presents or birthday presents from me;)

Lol yeah the sand can be pretty pricy but hey it is definitely cool :) can't wait to see it all finished :D

Be careful with the panda tetras....I have 7. I woke up one morning to find all my fish hidding at the bottom of my tank.....the pandas were terrorizing them. They have their own tank now with amano shrimp for company......lovely looking fish but wee terrors lol

dianel64 said:
Be careful with the panda tetras....I have 7. I woke up one morning to find all my fish hidding at the bottom of my tank.....the pandas were terrorizing them. They have their own tank now with amano shrimp for company......lovely looking fish but wee terrors lol

We're probably not getting them, instead we're getting rummy nose tetras! But thanks for the warning!

Okay so guess what, my parents said no way to the tank being in my sisters room and they took it to my dads work, but it broke in the hallway when they were about to get into the elevator(it ended up full out breaking in the dumpster). So no tank for sister over 10 gallons, but we will put an angelfish, rummys, and hatchetfish in my 55 gallon along with 2 Bolivian rams. And now my mom wants a fiddler crab tank and dad wants a 35 gallon tank for his work:) happy times here:D

AquaKai said:
Okay so guess what, my parents said no way to the tank being in my sisters room and they took it to my dads work, but it broke in the hallway when they were about to get into the elevator(it ended up full out breaking in the dumpster). So no tank for sister over 10 gallons, but we will put an angelfish, rummys, and hatchetfish in my 55 gallon along with 2 Bolivian rams. And now my mom wants a fiddler crab tank and dad wants a 35 gallon tank for his work:) happy times here:D

So this is good news or bad news?? Lol sorry about the tank but yay for the other stuff :D

Flossie said:
So this is good news or bad news?? Lol sorry about the tank but yay for the other stuff :D

Honestly I don't know. For sister: bad but a little on the bright side. For dad: good getting a tank for his office in some point in time. For mom: good she gets crabs(sounds soo awkward). For me: god and bad because I got sand, filter, and lights for my 55 gallon but I have to give up some things in my 55 gallon tank but I think that it will still be awesome!
So any way that you spin this it can be good! Oh and Flossie I got the filter completely cleaned out besides a little stain!

AquaKai said:
Honestly I don't know. For sister: bad but a little on the bright side. For dad: good getting a tank for his office in some point in time. For mom: good she gets crabs(sounds soo awkward). For me: god and bad because I got sand, filter, and lights for my 55 gallon but I have to give up some things in my 55 gallon tank but I think that it will still be awesome!
So any way that you spin this it can be good! Oh and Flossie I got the filter completely cleaned out besides a little stain!

Woot woot.. And that's great bout ur filter

Back
Top Bottom