46 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish-4-life

Aquarium Advice Activist
7 Cardinal tetras
1 Pearl gourami
7 Cherry barbs
8 Cories
2 cockatoo cichlids
2 german blue rams

sound good or overstocked? could i also do 5 kilifish or no? thanks!

i swim said:
7 Cardinal tetras
1 Pearl gourami
7 Cherry barbs
8 Cories
2 cockatoo cichlids
2 german blue rams

sound good or overstocked? could i also do 5 kilifish or no? thanks!

Doesn't sound stocked to me. What kind of killies?

i swim said:
what type of kilifish are there? i didnt knwo there were different types!

Oh my...Google is your best friend on this part. There are hundreds of different killies, we could go on for hours naming them all. Try to find a list of all the species and pick the one you like best :)

actually i dont think i will be doign killifish. so lets just scratch that! lol sorry! i want either another larger fish (3-4 inches) or some smaller fish that school tightly together. thanks!

i swim said:
actually i dont think i will be doign killifish. so lets just scratch that! lol sorry! i want either another larger fish (3-4 inches) or some smaller fish that school tightly together. thanks!

Ah okay, look up dwarf neon rainbowfish or threadfin rainbowfish online, both can fit in there and are vert pretty.

just wondering could i do like 3 femlae bettas? i know the answer is probably no but its an odd number and i could do lots of hiding spots?

other fish i like:
rummy nose tetra
endlers

thanks!!!!!

Might I ask what kind of cories are you thinking of? I love cories and was just wondering:)

do endlers or rummy nose tetras school? which is more active? how big are endlers? thanks!

I haven't had any experience with rummynoses, but I have had experience with endlers. They are constantly swimming around the tank. They get around an inch long.

i think i have decided i want a larger fish as a "center" piece. maybe 5 inches? and colorful. ideas? a peaceful cichlid? idk!

i swim said:
do endlers or rummy nose tetras school? which is more active? how big are endlers? thanks!

Endler's are small so there is a possibility they could get eaten by big fish. Rummynoses school and are very colorful. Each are very active.

Endler's are small so there is a possibility they could get eaten by big fish. Rummynoses school and are very colorful. Each are very active.

i wont be doing either one. i want a larger fish as a focal point. im thinking something around 5 inches.

i swim said:
i wont be doing either one. i want a larger fish as a focal point. im thinking something around 5 inches.

What about your pearl gourami? That seems like a good focal point. If you're not satisfied with that then there are paradise fish you can look into.

What about your pearl gourami? That seems like a good focal point. If you're not satisfied with that then there are paradise fish you can look into.

oops! totally forgot my gourami! i just discovered a giant/banded/indian gourami. its the largest gourami. and very colorful. could that work instead of my pearl gourami? they get to 4 inches

i swim said:
oops! totally forgot my gourami! i just discovered a giant/banded/indian gourami. its the largest gourami. and very colorful. could that work instead of my pearl gourami? they get to 4 inches

Giant gouramis??? They get two feet long and are very aggressive...very huge fish.

Back
Top Bottom