47 gal. Pentagon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kattysue54

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello. I'm new here, been lurking for just a few weeks. I have been out of the hobby for the last ten years, but I am (more than) ready to start back in.
I have a 47 gallon pentagon tank. I really can't decide what to do with it. I love planted tanks, but lighting it is an issue. So I think I would like to do somethin with lot's of rocks and/or driftwood up the back corner.
So, aside from the obvious mbuna cichlids, what would you suggest? Not that I wouldn't do mbuna, I just would like to consider lot's of options.
Thanks for any ideas!
Kat

What are the dimensions? Stocking pentagon or hexagon tanks are usually a bit more of a challenge because of the lack of length. Despite the gallons there isn't much room any which way for a fish to swim.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

The two long sides, (back corner) are 22 inches wide. The front and small sides are 13 inches. It is a corner pent. Oh, and 24inches tall.
ETA: It has both an undergravel and HOB filter.

I'd stick with smaller schooling tetras, barbs, livebearers. I think the biggest cichlid I would go for would be a single convict or something.

I'd stick with smaller schooling tetras, barbs, livebearers. I think the biggest cichlid I would go for would be a single convict or something.

Thanks!
Two setups that had crossed my mind: 1. West African stream bank. 2. Southeast Asian stream bank. In either case, a 'rooty' piece of wood with attached ferns, a few floating plants. WA- Butterfly fish, kribensis pair, maybe congo tetras? SEA- dwarf gouramis, loaches and some rasboras?

Still open to ideas!

Back
Top Bottom