5 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ilovemyfishies

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I know a 5 gain is small but I have a 60,20, and 10 in use. I had this for my betta and I don't have much luck with them. I want to try this one out with live plants and was hoping for some type of stocking ideas. No Berta's please. Do you think I can put 6 neons in there?

That size sounds more like a small shrimp tank to me, too small for any fish IMO.

I've seen it done on YouTube. One person put a Betta AND 6 neons and 4 ghost shrimp in a 5 gallon tank, which is definitely not advised, but it didn't seem HORRIBLE.

They are small but very active fish. I think 10 gallons is arguably the smallest tank size for neons. 20 gallons is over the top though. 10 gallons is fine

Rivercats said:
That size sounds more like a small shrimp tank to me, too small for any fish IMO.

Besides bettas. And dwarf puffer fish. They are cute

What are the dimensions of the tank? There are lots of nano fish that would do well in a tank that size. Some good schooling options are chili rasboras, celestial pearl danios. A scarlet badis would be a good centerpiece. You could have red cherry shrimp or other shrimp in there too.

Back
Top Bottom