5 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TooManyBettas

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a betta in a 5 gallon tank. I keep cleaning it but it my betta doesnt look very happy.:banghead: I trying to feed him less cause I think that may be a problem too.:( He has two plants one in each corner but i'm scared that he may need a mate too make him happier.:hide: I dont know if he likes me or not.I dont know if hes jelous of my brothers tank cause my betta dosent have a filter or a hood... I really dont know what to do....

Ok well for one if your betta has no filter that may be a reason why he doesn't look too happy if you do have one then maybe it is something else also is your tank cycled?If not that could also be why but if Im correct you need a filter for that.That also may be why he doesn't eat as much.Well if you dont know what to do then for firsts I would get him a filter unless something is attacking him or drinking from his tank and if that is the case either train the thing or get the hood but the filter is a nesscesity.

There actully is somthing drinking out of my tank.I have 2 cats and 1 like to come in my brothers room(Where my fishtank is)and apparently she just NEEDS a lick of fish water ,but a lick turned into a DRINK.

Filters can actually unsettle a betta.

I've only seen Bettas be active in a very heavily planted tank, lots and lots and lots of plants.

No mate. He will kill her.

Five gallons needs huge water changes probably more than once a week, to keep the fish healthy.

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

Back
Top Bottom