5 Gallon Nano Planted "re-build"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FreshObsessed

Aquarium Advice Freak
Back in March I started a build regarding my 5 Gallon which I wanted to turn into a planted (low tech) tank. That, I achieved, and for a good 4 months I kept it going. But due to a lack of effort on my part and stress from a new school I haven't kept it put together to well and only have a few crypts and an anubias coffeefolia left. (The light blew out) :banghead:
So, after settling in at school and just ordering a new light for my tank I'm ready to (semi) start over. (y)

What's in my tank: 3 CPDs and a ton of baby snails :facepalm:

Picture of the tank, as of now:

IMG_2718.jpg

By the end of this I want a fully stocked tank and full stocked with plants. I need all of your help! :dance:

Thanks,
FreshObsessed

Sounds like a plan. What light will you be using? Just to get an idea about what plants you're going to be able to keep.

Sounds like a plan. What light will you be using? Just to get an idea about what plants you're going to be able to keep.

GE 15987 8-Watt 12-Inch T5 Fluorescent Light Bulb, Cool White

This is what the light I just purchased was described as. Not sure if I'm allowed to post a link or not. But this light fits in the hood I have currently for only $6.

Was there a GE "daylight" bulb at the place where you found your light? That's the normal store bulb most of us use (the daylight). I've never tried using a cool white over an aquarium. It isn't usually recommended for plants.

Was there a GE "daylight" bulb at the place where you found your light? That's the normal store bulb most of us use (the daylight). I've never tried using a cool white over an aquarium. It isn't usually recommended for plants.

Just requested to cancel the order. I'm so dumb..can't believe I ordered a cool white bulb.
Just was at Petsmart and saw the bulb I needed so I'll go back there probably in the next few days.

We've all had those moments. I canceled an order for calcium rich clay for my planted tank today when I realized the 4 pound jar was $1.40 more than the 2 pound jar I had ordered literally one minute before. It happens. -_-

We've all had those moments. I canceled an order for calcium rich clay for my planted tank today when I realized the 4 pound jar was $1.40 more than the 2 pound jar I had ordered literally one minute before. It happens. -_-

Thank you so so so so much. Thank god it didn't ship yet! So any ideas on plants for me :) ?

You're very welcome! Well, it really depends on what you want it to look like. There's just so many options and styles. I'm still experimenting with my 5 gallon. It has way to many plants at the moment. It's holding plants for two tanks.

Order was successfully cancelled, light should be in my possession this week..then the real fun starts! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom