5 gallon stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hm Maybe I'll just have to get a FOURTH tank. Bwahahahaha *ehem* excuse me I got a little fish crazy there. Any other partner for the badis you might suggest? I can never find females in my area and I'm not sure I should do 3 males

Hm Maybe I'll just have to get a FOURTH tank. Bwahahahaha *ehem* excuse me I got a little fish crazy there. Any other partner for the badis you might suggest? I can never find females in my area and I'm not sure I should do 3 males

Although it is debatable I think 3 malesnin a well planted setup would be ok. However in a 5 gallon you could have microrasbora with them, snails, or probably sparkling gourami.

Oooh yeah sparkling gourami! How many would you reccomend? I already have 2 scarlets in a 15, but that tank is getting turned into a shellie tank they're gonna get moved over to the 5.

Oooh yeah sparkling gourami! How many would you reccomend? I already have 2 scarlets in a 15, but that tank is getting turned into a shellie tank they're gonna get moved over to the 5.

If its 2 male scarlets then I would say 2 sparklers. If its 1 male 1 female them you could probably squeeze in 3 sparklers.

I would do either a trio of badis with a male to female ratio of 1:2 or a pair of badis with the cherry shrimp and call it good

Great! Thanks guy :) I'm excited to get this tank started up!

I have 2 scarlet badis and I just love them! They are in a 6g on my end table so I can sit and watch them. They swim over to see me frequently!

I loveine so much <3 so far they haven't been very aggressive towards each other. I'm hoping it stays that way. They are just too cute. I wanted a pair of these for over a year and finally pulled the trigger a couple days ago.

No not very timid at all. They are in a 15g with some small threadfin rainbow fish and rcs. I chop up some blood worms and swirl those around to get them interested. But they have also picked at flake food I feed my rainbows. I also just ordered hikari micro pellets for them as I heard a lot of people had success with those.

Godfan,
Just read your Dario Dario species profile, loved it! Great submission. Thank you for that!

Back
Top Bottom