5 gallon stocking ideas. Quick please.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bm5424

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've got this whole week to stock but I need ideas quickly. I was thinking of maybe getting a few EASy to care for plants with a small type of fish ( maybe 5ish) then some red cherry shrimp. Any suggestions.

Yes. The tank is all ready cycled. It's been up for a long time. I had white cloud mountain minnows and some guppies but some ones interested in all of them so it'll be empty.

Great, that makes it easier lol :)

Ermmmm I it was me I'd say a Betta?

I know that's probably the most boring stock option but I'd focus more on the aquascape.

A nice moss covered piece of DW, and a bunch of java fern?

Then you could get fish that contrast the strong greens, like my profile pic? :)

+1 for the betta! Some bettas will eat shrimp though.

Chilli Rasboras are nice and small. Might be pushing it with a betta as well though. These shouldn't harm shrimp

Sparkling Gouramis are gorgeous little fish. Just don't keep them with bettas :)

a 5 gallon is pretty small once you add all the decorations. I'd say either a male betta or couple platys.

bm5424 said:
How would a male Betta and 2 0r 3 Otos do?

Otos need a bigger tank. How about chili rasboras, pygmy sunfish, or least killifish?

Back
Top Bottom