5 gallon tank any fish recomedations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's a good starting off point. Stocking calculators should be taken with a grain of salt imo. There are just too many variables that go into successful stocking to be wrapped up all neatly in a calculator.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Agreed, but they can be helpful

That helps, but it's totally not the same survival rate as in a shrimp only tank. I keep shrimp alone, and I probably have 200 crystal red shrimp in a 10 gallon, for example. But if you aren't really concerned with breeding all you can breed, it's no matter.

*edit* I need to amend that with raising all you can raise, as I do cull out of my shrimp tanks.

I have a 5 gallon RCS only tank. Do you feed the shrimp to your fish or sell them.

Mine are breeding quite heavily now. What is the best food for them and how often do you feed?

I would do a betta in a 5 gallon just because they are beautiful fish and fun to keep.

I have a 5 gallon RCS only tank. Do you feed the shrimp to your fish or sell them.

Mine are breeding quite heavily now. What is the best food for them and how often do you feed?

I would do a betta in a 5 gallon just because they are beautiful fish and fun to keep.

I have a reverse trio of dwarf pikes that get my shrimp culls. Other than that, I let them breed and fill the tank, then sell them off. Never takes long, it seems someone is always looking for them.

You could get White Cloud Mountain minnows. They are easy to care for and can withstand many temperatures, warm or cool. They also have great colored yellow fins. Hope I helped! :fish1:

White clouds aren't a great choice for a 5 gallon really. They get a good bit larger than what you see at the pet stores, and are really active swimmers.

Back
Top Bottom