50,000 gallon home aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seen that before too.... its pretty awesome. I think I would use 1,000 Aquaclear HOBs for filtration, and put 1,000,000 neons in there
:lol:

SeymourFRESH said:
lol, i'd go scuba diving in there with the fish depending on if they could harm me or not

:lol: I thought the same thing.

The idea of 1,000,000 Neons would be very interesting to see.

Now how about something like 50000 rainbowfish?
Or a planted amazon setting full of GBR's and Bolivians. Now that would be cool.

if you stocked carefully and had enough money, you could set up an entire setup of an actual biotope, including fish of all sizes

sure, some fish will get eaten by eachother, but if they keep reproducing on their own that wouldn't be too much of a problem!

the only thing i would hate to imagine is the nightmare of dealing with any diseases in an aquarium like that

Ok as cool as that is it has to cost a boat load to maintain. Water alone has to cost a fortune and then the heating in the winter but very cool.

Not sure if it's the same tank, but there was another thread that looked like this, and they said for their water, they have their own large reservoir which they get the water from, and pump the water out to. The reservoir acts as a refugium/sump.

for a tank of that size, the water would only need changing once every 2-5 years.
An ecosystem will surely be established.

I honestly don't know why anyone would want a home aquarium of that magnitude.
It would be too stressful to maintain.
I would be scared that the glass will crack and all that water will flood the street !!

What a bunch of Bull!

I would have to set up a dedicated solar pannel / battery array for the watter pump or i wouldn't stand a snowballs chance in Miami of affording the watter bills! :lol:

But then again, compared to the cost of adding a facility like that onto your basement and purchasing all that material, setting up a dedicated alternate power source would be small beans. :lol:

Wow. Jealous.
This guy has Pacu and Gouramis and Arapaima. <3. Going to the exteme is the only responsible way to keep them (well, the arapaima is a bit debatable...). Now that's some serious dedication.

Your tank can only look so pretty when it's filled with giant cichlids and catfish, etc. It's hard to decorate with cichlids even 1/10 the size of the fish in that tank. Besides, everyone will just be looking at the fish!

I think the striped fish are Leporinus, kaz, but I'm not sure which species. He's got 5 species in there.

Well, you'd need to make sure you had another fishy person at the start of the relationship. If not, then you need to find a way out, lol.

He got a few marriage offers on the thread. I'd do it. Some marry for love, some for money, but I'd marry for an arapaima. :)

Bubble_B0y said:
for a tank of that size, the water would only need changing once every 2-5 years.

He says in the post that he does 10,000 gallon water changes per week.

Back
Top Bottom