50g tank stocking ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trainer_Ruby_

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm getting a 50g tank from a friend and I have some ideas but want some input. Right now it'll have Kuhli loaches a dojo loach two if I can find one some black mollies platies some gbrs and some plants no specific ones yet

Sent from peliper

GBRs will not work with Dojo and Kuhli loaches. The loaches like cooler water (no more than 76 or 77) and the GBRs are best in 80-82. The mollies and platies would be okay in cooler water, but even so, I wouldn't go below 75 even with them. They are more active in warmer water, IME, and have a better appetite too.

If you want to do a cooler water tank you could do this:

2 dojo loaches
6 kuhli loaches
10 white cloud minnows
4 sailfin mollies

The water would HAVE to be at at least 75 so the mollies would be fine, and even then they may still not do well. The water would be a bit cold for mollies and a bit warm for loaches and minnows.

Would platies also be comparable or no? I have one lone platy that the sailfins have taken in as part of their group and I would like to keep them together if possible.

Sent from peliper

Slight change. She got the dimensions wrong and it's a 55 not a 50. Not sure if that affects it or not

Sent from peliper

I thought of them when I first started keeping fish until I saw a fully grown one and it scared me so I took the dojo and Kuhli route and now I have 4 black kuhli 1 striped Kuhli and 1 golden dojo

Sent from peliper

What games do u play caleb

Sent from inside my fish tank

What games do u play caleb

Sent from inside my fish tank

We play tag. He will come "kiss" my hand them swim across the tank and I'll go poke him then he "kisses" me back. He also plays "annoy Caleb" and picks one plant a day to dig up so I can find it floating lol.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I'm so jealous. :( I wish I would have found them when I first started my tank. I so would have got one.

It's the only fish I've ever ordered online and he came with a hefty price tag. He's worth it though.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Back
Top Bottom