54 gallon corner tank stocking ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sandiegofishy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a new 54 gallon corner tank, need some stocking advice. The tank is 21" tall, 24" back sides of triangle, and the long side is about 36" across.

Probably too small for a flowerhorn? My original plan was a planted tank with angels. Just wanted to get some other peoples ideas for this shape/size of tank.

Here is a pic. Two backsides against the wall are 24". Gonna be a high light planted tank probably, just gotta figure out what center piece fish will work.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1409179710575.jpg
    1409179710575.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 134
Hmm.. Well if you are doing a high light and heavily planted, cherry barbs and sparkling gouramis would look very nice.

And sorry but yeah the flowerhorn would get too large. Not sure about the angels but most people keep them in larger tanks. It would be rather iffy and you should do some research on that.

You could go cherry barbs, sparkling gouramis, and cherry shrimps.

I like that idea icydeath, thanks for the input. Looking at the space above the corner tank, i'm not sure if I can fit enough lights to make it high light for a 23" tall tank. I can do a slim 30" light or wider 24" light, so not sure what to do right now, planted or not

Any other opinions or input?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I would do a Tanganyikan tank with rock work in the back corner all the way to the top and snad bottom with most of the tank as open water and have Brichardi, Cyprichromis, Calvus, Yellow Fin Isanga. That would make an awesome and different community tank.

The Brichardi breed like crazy but the calvus will help keep the population down.

Odessa barbs would look nice in a planted tank.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Some stores can order them for you too- don't forget to ask if you don't see them!

I love Denison barbs. I have a few in our 55. I would love to go to a bigger tank and do all denison's

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom