55 cloudy water :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kimlafeiet

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a new 55 gallon tank that I started cycling 2 weeks ago. I added 8 guppies (small tank broke, hence the reason I got a nice new big tank :D), all the media from the old tank (gravel, plants, etc), and a bottle of tetra safestart. Saw a tiny spike in ammonia about 3-4 days in, and the water got cloudy about the same time. Looks like a typical bacterial bloom.
I believe the tank is fully cycled, as my readings have been perfect for over a week now, and I used the old media seed it, plus the safesart.......but the water is still cloudy.
I am currently running an eheim 2215 canister and an aquaclear 30 hob on the tank, both with extra carbon and filter floss. I use conditioned tap water, 3 air stones (2 small stones and 1 med strip), and have not lost any of the guppies to date. All are eating well and behaving normally, and I dont plan on putting any more fish in the tank for at least a couple more weeks.
Ph: 7.8
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: between 0 and 5ppm

Should I be worried about this cloudy water? I dont remember my 20 gal or smaller tank having bacterial blooms that lasted more than a couple days when cycling. It has been this way over a week, and I am not sure if I should just wait it out or try something more.

Back
Top Bottom