55 Gallon 3rd test results

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chronos313

Aquarium Advice Addict
My results today were as follows. This is prior to doing a pwc as well.

Ammonia 0ppm
Nitrite 0ppm
Nitrate 5ppm
PH 7.2-7.6 color is so close in shade so I'm saying between those two

I have 7 black skirt tetras and 2 bristlenose pleco juvies in the tank as I'm doing a fish in cycle. I have had no dead loss as well. I'm running a brand new fluval C4 and a tetra air pump rated for 60 gallons.

I know I'm still early in my cycle, about a week to a week and a half in but I'm confused as why I'm seeing nitrates before ammonia and nitrites. My tap water showed no nitrates as well. Any thoughts? I do recall my PFS being wet when I restarted my tank even though it was emptied for almost 2 weeks after I moved so I'm wondering if any BB survived cuz my substrate was wet.

Here's a picture of my tank before I go but my low-medium light plants tomorrow.

Attachments

• image-1289030086.jpg
    image-1289030086.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 35
  • image-1523486747.jpg
    image-1523486747.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 37
Something's sounds funky to me so I would do another test. Although it is possible that some BB survived the move.

My results today were as follows. This is prior to doing a pwc as well.

Ammonia 0ppm
Nitrite 0ppm
Nitrate 5ppm
PH 7.2-7.6 color is so close in shade so I'm saying between those two

I have 7 black skirt tetras and 2 bristlenose pleco juvies in the tank as I'm doing a fish in cycle. I have had no dead loss as well. I'm running a brand new fluval C4 and a tetra air pump rated for 60 gallons.

I know I'm still early in my cycle, about a week to a week and a half in but I'm confused as why I'm seeing nitrates before ammonia and nitrites. My tap water showed no nitrates as well. Any thoughts? I do recall my PFS being wet when I restarted my tank even though it was emptied for almost 2 weeks after I moved so I'm wondering if any BB survived cuz my substrate was wet.

Here's a picture of my tank before I go but my low-medium light plants tomorrow.

When was the last time you tested. Prior to this test

I tested about 3-4 days ago and got the exact same results. And I've even tested after a pwc. My schedule is to test every 3 days and do a pwc afterwards. So to get the exact 3 results I'm thinking that some BB survived. There's no other explanation for me and my test kit is less then a year old and works fine.

I don't want to rush adding more fish until I get to the bottom if this.

I tested about 3-4 days ago and got the exact same results. And I've even tested after a pwc. My schedule is to test every 3 days and do a pwc afterwards. So to get the exact 3 results I'm thinking that some BB survived. There's no other explanation for me and my test kit is less then a year old and works fine.

I don't want to rush adding more fish until I get to the bottom if this.

Some bb must have survived I agree

Must be some sort of super BB in order to survive moving in -25 Celsius weather and no large water source except what was remaining in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom