55 gallon at office needs re-doing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smcoyle87

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So my office has a 55 gallon non planted tank. It's looking a bit pathetic at the moment and I'm thinking about asking if the would let me/want me to re-do it for them!

I'm about to move into a new apartment and unfortunately cannot bring ALL of the fish I currently have. I love these fish and want to bring them to the office tank so I can still see them. (y) They are a 4.5 inch rainbow shark and 2 adult male Kribs. I'm thinking a school of tiger barbs would work well with the above fish as well.

So..Rainbow shark, 2 adult male Kribs and a school of Tiger barbs in a 55 gallon with plenty of filtration. (Already on the tank)

Does this sound like a good plan??

I would do it! As long as you can convince them to pay for supplies I see no reason not to offer.

As for stock. I love Tiger Barbs. I would get some if they wouldn't tear up my gouramis. Not sure if the fish would work together though, I don't see a reason that they wouldn't. All should be able to hold their own.

all the fish you listed are considered semi-agressive. They will work fine in a 55. Make sure you have at least 5 or 6 barbs so they can nip each other and not the rest of the tank mates.

Back
Top Bottom