Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-21-2012, 10:54 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

55 gallon community

I have an aquaclear 70 filter I do weekly 50 percent water changes and I keep on getting people saying you still have lots of room I think it's well stocked right now I have 3 yoyo loaches 1 red tail shark 1 pearl gourami 7 serape tetras 6 scissortail rasbora 5 brilliant rasbora and 6 pearl danios what do you guys think.

Old 02-21-2012, 10:59 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

So you have
-3 YoYo Loaches
-1 Red Tailed Shark
-1 Pearl Gourami
-7 Serpae Tetras
-6 ScissorTail Rasbora
-5 Brilliant Rasboras
-6 Pearl Danios

Bump you YoYo loach school to six (unless they are a type of species that gets big, I don't know a lot about them off hand).
Your red-tailed shark needs to go. It will get aggressive and start bullying fish.
I would be concerned about have serape tetras and pearl gouramis, since serape tetras are known fin nippers, and the pearl gouramis have long fins and will get bullied to death possibly.
You have enough schools in there already.

Do you know if your nitrate reading is consistent? Do you know what it is right now?

I would move the RTS shark and leave it as is IMO, possibly the serapes too if they become problematic.

Old 02-21-2012, 11:00 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

So you have
-3 YoYo Loaches
-1 Red Tailed Shark
-1 Pearl Gourami
-7 Serpae Tetras
-6 ScissorTail Rasbora
-5 Brilliant Rasboras
-6 Pearl Danios

Bump you YoYo loach school to six (unless they are a type of species that gets big, I don't know a lot about them off hand).
Your red-tailed shark needs to go. It will get aggressive and start bullying fish.
I would be concerned about have serape tetras and pearl gouramis, since serape tetras are known fin nippers, and the pearl gouramis have long fins and will get bullied to death possibly.
You have enough schools in there already.

Do you know if your nitrate reading is consistent? Do you know what it is right now?

I would move the RTS shark and leave it as is IMO, possibly the serapes too if they become problematic.
Edit: Sorry this is a double post. Could a moderator/administrator delete it? Thanks
Old 02-21-2012, 11:01 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'd say you're more overstocked than understocked
Old 02-21-2012, 11:02 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have had this tank like this for over a year and the shark won't go because it is surprisingly not being a issue with anything this whole time and the serapes have been okay but could I add anything besides the 3 more yoyo loaches.

Tags
5 gallon, 55 gallon, community

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com