55 gallon Stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RyanBenson

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I am trying to get a good stock for my tank. Here's what I have right now.

1 rainbow shark
1-2 angel fish
2-3 black kuhli loaches
2-3 ottos
1 bristle nose pleco
6 tiger barbs

I heard that I shouldn't have angelfish with barbs? If that's the case, could I replace the angel with a red tail shark??

So I am trying to get a good stock for my tank. Here's what I have right now.

1 rainbow shark
1-2 angel fish
2-3 black kuhli loaches
2-3 ottos
1 bristle nose pleco
6 tiger barbs

I heard that I shouldn't have angelfish with barbs? If that's the case, could I replace the angel with a red tail shark??
First off, I would personally remove the rainbow shark. Its a bit too aggressive, although it might work, removing them gives you the possibility to add more fish. I would as well remove the tiger barbs or angels, as you said, its not a good mix. Tiger barbs will most likely harass the angels and fin nip them, even if its a small tank.

First off, I would personally remove the rainbow shark. Its a bit too aggressive, although it might work, removing them gives you the possibility to add more fish. I would as well remove the tiger barbs or angels, as you said, its not a good mix. Tiger barbs will most likely harass the angels and fin nip them, even if its a small tank.

Ok, so is a red tail shark about the same as a rainbow shark then?

They are almost alike. I would personally remove any shark to avoid territorial and aggressivity problems.

Oh ok. So what are some really beautiful fish, like exotics fish, that can go in a 55 with these:

1-2 angel fish
2-3 black kuhli loaches
2-3 ottos
1 bristle nose pleco

I want some fish to swim around closer to the top to equal out the top to bottom swimmers!

Back
Top Bottom