55 gallon stocking plan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay, so
1 pair of kribs
12 rummynose tetras
3 male black phantom tetras
10 female black phantom tetras
20 cardinal tetras
8 zebra danios

Okay, so
1 pair of kribs
12 rummynose tetras
3 male black phantom tetras
10 female black phantom tetras
20 cardinal tetras
8 zebra danios
The species sound good, but start with like 12 cardnials, 8 rummies, 8 danios, the bps and the kribs to make sure you feel there is adequit filteration and swimming spcae for everyone. Then, build up your schools as you see fit.:) I do think that the numbers you are aiming at sound good though.:)

Okay I know this is probably not possible but could I fit a pair of keyhole cichlids in there? I'd just remove 1 male, 3 female bps. I'd have 12 cardinal tetras. Just is it possible? I've been wanting them forever but whenever the pet store ordered them they'd be sick or old. I love them cuz they're peaceful and change colors according to stress level (like kribs and rummynoses).

Okay I know this is probably not possible but could I fit a pair of keyhole cichlids in there? I'd just remove 1 male, 3 female bps. I'd have 12 cardinal tetras. Just is it possible? I've been wanting them forever but whenever the pet store ordered them they'd be sick or old. I love them cuz they're peaceful and change colors according to stress level (like kribs and rummynoses).
Personally, I would not add them in with the kribs. Keyholes are not aggressive enough to stand up to the kribs, so I do not think they would enjoy being tankmates with them.

Okay, so with keyholes, it'd be like this...
1 pair of keyhole cichlids
6 bronze cory cats
15 cardinal tetras
12 rummynose tetras
8 zebra danios
2 male black phantom tetras
7 female black phantom tetras

Would that work?

Also, for my 40G (30"l,21"t,12"w), would this work?
2 male swordtails
3 female swordtails
2 pairs of kribs
8 zebra danios

Okay, so with keyholes, it'd be like this...
1 pair of keyhole cichlids
6 bronze cory cats
15 cardinal tetras
12 rummynose tetras
8 zebra danios
2 male black phantom tetras
7 female black phantom tetras

Would that work?

Also, for my 40G (30"l,21"t,12"w), would this work?
2 male swordtails
3 female swordtails
2 pairs of kribs
8 zebra danios
The 55 stock looks great!
The 40 gallon looks good, except you would need to drop it down to one pair of kribs I think. they are small, but quite feisty when breeding, so 40 gallons isn't enough space for 2 pairs IMO.

:ROFLMAO:Yes!!!!! I finally get my keyholes!!! Well, until I get my next tank, I'll be dropping a krib pair. And do keyholes breed as prolifically as kribs? But I think there is a bowfront aquarium in my near future, so that krib pair shouldn't be gone for long.

Oh, and two questions...
#1: My male krib has been going from a solid coloration to choppy. Is that normal?
#2: Is there any way to pair keyhole cichlids besides buying a few juveniles and raising them to adulthood?

Oh, and two questions...
#1: My male krib has been going from a solid coloration to choppy. Is that normal?
#2: Is there any way to pair keyhole cichlids besides buying a few juveniles and raising them to adulthood?
Personally, I do not know of another way to pair any fish. I'll look into the color change thing, I am not positive off the top of my head. I do know that kribs change colors a bit for breeding and when stressed.
I do not believe that keyholes breed as prolifically as kribs. It would be awesome if you could raise fry to juveniles and sell them. Personally, I have looked for keyholes and have never been able to find any that looked healthy.:)

Back
Top Bottom