55 gallon stocking plan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Up your cardinals to like 15 or 20, then add another smaller tetra school of like 15. I think that should be good.

Okay. So 20 cardinals, 15 black phantoms, 6 cories and a breeding pair of cichlids? Im now thinking i might move the cichlids to my other tank. And what woulx be the ratio of male:female for that many black phantom?

zooking12 said:
Okay. So 20 cardinals, 15 black phantoms, 6 cories and a breeding pair of cichlids? Im now thinking i might move the cichlids to my other tank. And what woulx be the ratio of male:female for that many black phantom?

3-4 females for every male. But it shouldn't matter...what cichlids???

I was thinking about putting a pair of bolivian rams in there , but then i realizd that the same problem would arise as the reason im moving the kribs. Im gonna start a new thread under cichlids called "cichlid community". I dont know how to do the link stuff yet.

First off, which tank would best suit 20 cardinals, 4 male bps, 11 female bps, 6 bronze, 1 male swordtail, 4 female swordtails, 1 male platy and 4 female platys? Secondly, could I set up this aquarium so that it could run with only some sunlight and 2 15 watt lights for maybe 1-9 months???

Ok so I'm going with plan 3. Stocking plan:
20 cardinal tetra
1 male bp
4 female bps
1 male swordtail
4 female swordtail
4 female platies
6 bronze cories
8 congo tetras
Will this work???

I don't recall off the top of my head the minimum tank size for clown loaches, but I believe you will need more of them and more gallonage.

You're probably better off dropping the clowns altogether. There are similar loaches that are more appropriate for a 55 than clowns, like yoyos.

Back
Top Bottom