55 gallon tank setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Platiesareawesome

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello! I am planning to set up a 55 gallon tank (for either goldfish, or livebearers). A lot of you guys have helped me with this (especially rivercats and jwh0818 (y) ), but I want to hear from all of you guys. I was wondering if this setup is ok:

1. 55 gallon glass aquarium w/ stand
2. AquaticLife T5 HO Dual Lamp Light Fixture
3. 2 AquaClear Filters (Will 2 70's work? 1 70 1 110? Will 2 110's be too powerful? I don't have the money to buy a canister :( )
4. Eheim Jager Heater 200 watt
5. Seachem Fluorite: Black Sand

Plants:
Background: Jungle Vallisneria, Wisteria
Mid-ground: Driftwood w/ anubias nana, Crypt Wendtii Foreground: Dwarf Sag Subulata

Thank you! :thanks:

Everything sounds good, I would go with 2 70 filters, one in each end. Goldfish are also know to eat plants so be careful. Have you looked at angelfish, there a show stopper for sure

Everything sounds good, I would go with 2 70 filters, one in each end. Goldfish are also know to eat plants so be careful. Have you looked at angelfish, there a show stopper for sure

Cool thanks! If I did do livebearers, would 2 Aquaclear 110's blow the fish around the tank? Just curious! :)

Hello! I am planning to set up a 55 gallon tank (for either goldfish, or livebearers). A lot of you guys have helped me with this (especially rivercats and jwh0818 (y) ), but I want to hear from all of you guys. I was wondering if this setup is ok:

1. 55 gallon glass aquarium w/ stand
2. AquaticLife T5 HO Dual Lamp Light Fixture
3. 2 AquaClear Filters (Will 2 70's work? 1 70 1 110? Will 2 110's be too powerful? I don't have the money to buy a canister :( )
4. Eheim Jager Heater 200 watt
5. Seachem Fluorite: Black Sand

Plants:
Background: Jungle Vallisneria, Wisteria
Mid-ground: Driftwood w/ anubias nana, Crypt Wendtii Foreground: Dwarf Sag Subulata

Thank you! :thanks:

Sounds good to me! I have an aqua clear 70 and the same heater as you, and they work awesome. Having two filters isn't a bad thing, the more filtration the better, if you go with two I would just put one filter on each end.

Will it be enough filtration for goldfish? (Thank you, btw :thanks: )

I've never had goldfish, so I couldn't say :( hopefully someone who keeps goldfish will pop in on the thread. And your very welcome! Ask any question we'll help as much as we can!

I've never had goldfish, so I couldn't say :( hopefully someone who keeps goldfish will pop in on the thread. And your very welcome! Ask any question we'll help as much as we can!

Well, rivercats helped me with this before (she has two 55 gallon goldfish tanks), and she said I SHOULD have a canister. Maybe I'll do the two 110's? I'm not sure if I want to do livebearers or goldfish yet, so I would like to do filters suitable for both pairs of fish.

Back
Top Bottom