55G Stocking help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crick127

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello,

I am fairly new the the whole freshwater thing. I've had a 20 gallon for a while but never really did anything special with it and it was lightly stock. I converted my saltwater to freshwater (The LFS was to far away and was having difficulties purchasing water for PWC).

My new tank is 55 Gallon. I have 6 danios and 6 neon tetras. I have a wet/dry filter with sump for filtration. Approximately how many fish would I be able to have? Also, I seem to like Angels but I have read some conflicting info on the forums. Some seem to keep them with neons but some say they will eat neons as that is natural prey. Would an Angel eat my neons? Thanks for any help available!

Angels might eat your neons. It really depends on the individual fish. Some people get lucky.

How many fish you can have will depend greatly on what kind of fish you want, but you definitely have some room for some more additions.

You have many stocking possibilities with that size tank. Take it from personal experience a large angel will eat a neon.

I guess an Angel is out of the question then cause I really like my neons and wouldn't want them eaten! They are cute little buggers!

Would I be able to do plecos? Do you have to school them or can you keep one or two? I think they are bottom dwellers and I don't believe they would eat my neons.

Crick127 said:
Thanks! I just looked up the Bristlenose and it is pretty cool looking.

They're great fish. I got 3 last week & I absolutely love them. Really good natured & excellent algae eaters!

Back
Top Bottom